Sak N Save (Raleys) Closing Reno, NV

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Sak N Save (Raleys) Closing Reno, NV

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: December 15th, 2023, 9:09 pm
storewanderer wrote: December 15th, 2023, 8:27 pm Was over by Sak N Save this morning. Was surprised to see the exterior signs all still up. Typically when a non-bankrupt chain closes a store they take the signs down. Not sure what the deal is with Raleys, or their attitude about this Sak N Save unit in general. Maybe since it was the only store using the name Sak N Save they don't care about the name and have no further plans to use the name so they just left the signs up. Maybe they weren't their signs to begin with since Scolaris ran the store under the name too. Just odd the signs aren't down.
I’m guessing they’re going to re-face the existing sign, which doesn’t require the permit hassles taking down and reinstalling a new sign does. They’ll normally flip them in that case though. I think the pics of the inside said all you needed to say about Raley’s.
A big giant El Super cube shaped sign would look great on that big tall Sak N Save pole. It would look somewhat odd in the Sak N Save frame. Also I wonder given that the building is being divided and 30k square feet will be some other tenant maybe they will repurpose the sign to give the other tenant part of it.

Raleys removed signs very fast in South Lake Tahoe. Unless the shopping center owner did it?