Post by submariner »

Summed up as:

ew.
storewanderer

Re: McDonald's Reusing McFlurry Spindle

Post by storewanderer »

submariner wrote: October 25th, 2023, 10:39 pm Summed up as:

ew.
I don't think the McFlurry sells particularly well either. I am surprised they haven't just discontinued it. I am sure sales are adversely impacted by the frequency of the machines being broken.

Outside the US they get some really interesting McFlurry flavors but it seems in the US they have been really boring on flavors for quite a while now.

Or just start selling cups of ice cream with the candy toppings on top. Like the Sundae. Eliminate the super thick plastic spoon, eliminate the McFlurry blender or whatever it is, eliminate the McFlurry cup. Another good way to streamline. Also faster to prepare a cup of ice cream and throw some toppings on top then serve.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Real ice cream would hurt their profit margins. The soft serve ice cream is made from milk and cheap ingredients.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 26th, 2023, 1:48 pm Real ice cream would hurt their profit margins. The soft serve ice cream is made from milk and cheap ingredients.
Their soft serve in Canada sure tastes better than it does in the US. Also costs less after the exchange rate. That is especially strange given that dairy in stores in Canada is much more expensive than in the US.

They were frozen ice milk (or was it yogurt? it was one of the "healthier" options) in the 90's but at some point switched to ice cream in the US I think.