🛒 Kroger-Albertsons Merger: Southwest & Hawai'i Impact

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: 🛒 Kroger-Albertsons Merger: Southwest & Hawai'i Impact

Post by storewanderer »

johnintx wrote: February 26th, 2024, 10:04 am
pseudo3d wrote: February 25th, 2024, 1:29 pm
I know I saw a Kroger delivery vehicle in my neighborhood in 2023, so it definitely operated.

As for OKC and Florida, I can't say how long they have left, but either way, they aren't in areas where they could get brick and mortar stores. I'm not sure that's relevant, but might be.
When I was in OKC last year, Kroger was advertising on TV and on billboards for delivery. I even saw one of their delivery vehicles in a bedroom community 30 miles from OKC proper. I'm not sure if they're still operating there.

Kroger has never had brick and mortar stores there. The only familiarity with the brand would be for people that moved from Texas or another place where Kroger operates. I can't see this venture being successful as a grocery delivery operation started from the ground up.
The OKC hub is still open for Kroger... Austin closed... I think both are "children" of Dallas. So maybe they are getting some traction.

The grocery scene in OKC isn't great. I'd definitely give Kroger ordering a shot if I lived there (or lived in Florida). I can't think of many other markets where I'd be interested in that service.