Omega Mart: Would you pay $50 to visit a fake supermarket?

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Omega Mart: Would you pay $50 to visit a fake supermarket?

Post by J-Man »

Omega Mart in Las Vegas's Area 15. Sounds like it could be fun ... but I don't know about $50 worth of fun.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Re: Omega Mart: Would you pay $50 to visit a fake supermarket?

Post by submariner »

J-Man wrote: November 4th, 2023, 2:28 pm Omega Mart in Las Vegas's Area 15. Sounds like it could be fun ... but I don't know about $50 worth of fun.
I suppose it's how you view it, $50 to see the interactive art exhibit, or $50 to see the exhibit and support the artists?
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

As someone who isn't much of a gambler at all, It would definitely be on my must-see list if I were to be in Vegas!
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

J-Man wrote: November 4th, 2023, 2:28 pm Omega Mart in Las Vegas's Area 15. Sounds like it could be fun ... but I don't know about $50 worth of fun.
Ummmmmmm, NO!

:lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Plenty of real supermarkets in Las Vegas, free of charge. Moderate fees for snacks and drinks but great selection. Beyond the Smiths, Albertsons, and lousy Vons you have very nice Cardenas units, Marianas, El Super, 99 Ranch, Seafood City, SF Supermarket, 168 Market, Greenland Supermarket, WinCo, Wal Mart. Glaziers was a loss. Even better to make the trek to St. George for Harmons and Lins.

Also there is actually a good amount of retail on the strip itself. I don't know why Ross, Burlington, and Marshalls sit in the middle of the strip but they do. Multiple semi interesting Walgreens and CVS. A patheticly merchandised but pretty cheaply priced small format Target. M&M and Coke multi level flagship stores. Numerous luxury brands with shops at Caesars Forum, Venetian Grand Canal, and usual suspects like Macys and Dillard's ar Fashion Show Mall.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

House of Eternal Return, their original permanent installation in Santa Fe, is $36, so this isn't that for off. Like House of Eternal Return, Omega Mart supports over 300 artists, writers, musicians, and technical staff. That adds up.

To put this into perspective, Cirque du Soleil starts at $156. At $50 for an interactive art installation, it's a steal.