Neiman Marcus Turns Down $3 Billion Offer From Saks

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Neiman Marcus Turns Down $3 Billion Offer From Saks

Post by BillyGr »

ClownLoach wrote: December 4th, 2023, 4:41 pm
jamcool wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 10:04 pm I don’t think there have been any Speedways converted to 7-11s yet.
The point being they did an excellent job of selling off overlapping stores on their own, all are still open and thriving under competition ownership. If anything, where in doubt they sold stores that they could have gotten away with operating (sometimes creating the oddity of a Jackson's Shell across the street from a Jackson's Chevron). I don't like 7-Eleven but I don't have to shop there and they didn't wipe out competition at all.
The interesting side is that there have been a few Speedways closed (or sold) locally. The couple I know of closed are just vacant (one the building is totally gone, the other more recent is just blocked off at this point), and one sold one is still operating under it's new owner.
The reason it's interesting is that we had no 7/11 presence in this area previously, and they now still have only a couple scattered stores using the 7/11 name, ones that they got from that deal with one of the Sunoco groups (the old A+ ones, I believe).
Thus, there was really no reason to sell or close any Speedway stations in this region, with no overlaps (those couple 7/11 aren't near the few Speedways closed/sold).

They have also opened at least a new Speedway or two in areas that Hess didn't have stores.