Carl’s Jr. coming back to Carson City

bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Carl’s Jr. coming back to Carson City

Post by bryceleinan »

Carl’s Jr. has announced by way of a banner that they’re coming back to Carson City, in the once-former Burger King across the street from their old location bulldozed in 2014. This was around the time when Bealls opened their short-lived location next to Sportsman’s Warehouse. Carl’s opened in 1983 (the year I was born) and BK was probably late 70’s. BK then moved to a new build in north Carson City, eventually abandoning the downtown location. Since then, it has been a rotating cast of Mexican restaurants, none lasting all that long.

No idea if they’re going to bulldoze and rebuild, or do an extensive remodel on the building, but this will be a welcome addition back to Carson City, especially with state workers going back to the office full-time.

https://carsonnow.org/story/12/23/2023/ ... arson-city
storewanderer

Re: Carl’s Jr. coming back to Carson City

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: December 25th, 2023, 11:48 am Carl’s Jr. has announced by way of a banner that they’re coming back to Carson City, in the once-former Burger King across the street from their old location bulldozed in 2014. This was around the time when Bealls opened their short-lived location next to Sportsman’s Warehouse. Carl’s opened in 1983 (the year I was born) and BK was probably late 70’s. BK then moved to a new build in north Carson City, eventually abandoning the downtown location. Since then, it has been a rotating cast of Mexican restaurants, none lasting all that long.

No idea if they’re going to bulldoze and rebuild, or do an extensive remodel on the building, but this will be a welcome addition back to Carson City, especially with state workers going back to the office full-time.

https://carsonnow.org/story/12/23/2023/ ... arson-city
They should have just taken that site over years ago...

This isn't good news for the Arbys though.

The previous Carls Jr. that was in Carson City was the best volume Carls Jr. in the Reno/Sparks area. The previous franchisees tried to find a replacement location actively in Carson City but never found anything that made sense. I think they avoided the former Burger King building due to its age/size. I am glad to see this happening under the new StarCorp ownership. The Reno locations are doing very poorly, they showed signs of improvement over the summer after the ownership changes went through on all of the units but in the past few months have quickly declined into a very depressing state; they need to do a lot on cleanliness, freshness, and service to get traffic and they aren't doing what they need to do. The product is tasty (even when lukewarm and not fresh which seems to be their standard).