Stores That Still Don't Have EMV

HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Stores That Still Don't Have EMV

Post by HCal »

BillyGr wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:28 am
Could be - they also offer the option to pay their bill in cash at these locations (knowing that from a neighbor who we went there to do that a couple times due to issues with their cards/checking account as they would normally have used).
Yeah, paying cash makes sense to me. I believe you can also pay cable bills at Walmart money centers, some check cashing stores, etc. But going to a Spectrum office to pay with a credit card... I just don't get it. Mine is on autopay and I never have to think about it.

I wonder if the readers can be used for other purchases (do they even sell electronics or accessories at these centers?) or are disabled entirely.
storewanderer

Re: Stores That Still Don't Have EMV

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: February 13th, 2024, 3:49 pm
BillyGr wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:28 am
Could be - they also offer the option to pay their bill in cash at these locations (knowing that from a neighbor who we went there to do that a couple times due to issues with their cards/checking account as they would normally have used).
Yeah, paying cash makes sense to me. I believe you can also pay cable bills at Walmart money centers, some check cashing stores, etc. But going to a Spectrum office to pay with a credit card... I just don't get it. Mine is on autopay and I never have to think about it.

I wonder if the readers can be used for other purchases (do they even sell electronics or accessories at these centers?) or are disabled entirely.
Yes, they try to sell cell phones at these centers. Avoiding their high pressure sales pitch is a good reason to not go there.