Fish Sandwiches at Restaurants

Alpha8472

Fish Sandwiches at Restaurants

Post by Alpha8472 »

Fish sandwiches are once again appearing at fast food restaurants. A&W is advertising the quarter pound fish sandwich. Some people are saying it is the best fish sandwich of all the fast food restaurants including Culver's.

I tried the Jack In The Box sandwich and it seemed to be on the small side. Jack In The Box now has fish wraps too. I don't how that will appeal to people.

https://www.brandeating.com/
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Fish Sandwiches at Restaurants

Post by babs »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 18th, 2024, 12:51 pm Fish sandwiches are once again appearing at fast food restaurants. A&W is advertising the quarter pound fish sandwich. Some people are saying it is the best fish sandwich of all the fast food restaurants including Culver's.

I tried the Jack In The Box sandwich and it seemed to be on the small side. Jack In The Box now has fish wraps too. I don't how that will appeal to people.

I tried Jack's.fish sandwich on Friday, it was awful.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: February 18th, 2024, 4:49 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: February 18th, 2024, 12:51 pm Fish sandwiches are once again appearing at fast food restaurants. A&W is advertising the quarter pound fish sandwich. Some people are saying it is the best fish sandwich of all the fast food restaurants including Culver's.

I tried Jack's.fish sandwich on Friday, it was awful.
I am glad you posted about this. I almost ordered that last week but just went with the Breakfast Jacks instead (2 for $3 app) which are constantly a safe bet.

I didn't order it because I was thinking for 3.29 how can it possibly be any good?
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 18th, 2024, 12:51 pm Jack In The Box now has fish wraps too. I don't how that will appeal to people.
Seems like they might work well, as other places do fish tacos, which are going to be somewhat similar.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

BillyGr wrote: February 19th, 2024, 9:53 am
Alpha8472 wrote: February 18th, 2024, 12:51 pm Jack In The Box now has fish wraps too. I don't how that will appeal to people.
Seems like they might work well, as other places do fish tacos, which are going to be somewhat similar.
Stick enough mayo or tartar sauce in it to mask the fish flavor and it works!
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

babs wrote: February 19th, 2024, 11:00 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: February 19th, 2024, 11:00 am
Noticed Carls Jr. App has 2 fish sandwiches for $5. Not sure what single unit price is. Historically Carls has been a really good product on fish. But this price seems too low.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The reason is that Carl's Jr. is in desperate need to for customers. They had a free milkshake deal several times which attracted me to go there. I had to buy 2 cookies to add up to a $1 purchase.

I will try the fish sandwiches and see. It sounds like a good deal.

Update: I tried the sandwich today. It was a decent sandwich and it was freshly made. It was pouring rain and the old Carl's Jr. did not have any cover for my car at the ordering window. I thought my car interior was going to get ruined by the water.

It rarely rains in California, but these drive thru restaurants need some kind of shelter to keep out the rain. At the pick-up window it was like a flood of water. If my passenger window were open it would have been gallons of water pouring in. These restaurants have terrible designs. I am surprised no one ever complained in over 40 years. The tile roof had no gutters and it just funneled water onto the cars.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 20th, 2024, 7:23 pm The reason is that Carl's Jr. is in desperate need to for customers. They had a free milkshake deal several times which attracted me to go there. I had to buy 2 cookies to add up to a $1 purchase.

I will try the fish sandwiches and see. It sounds like a good deal.

Update: I tried the sandwich today. It was a decent sandwich and it was freshly made. It was pouring rain and the old Carl's Jr. did not have any cover for my car at the ordering window. I thought my car interior was going to get ruined by the water.

It rarely rains in California, but these drive thru restaurants need some kind of shelter to keep out the rain. At the pick-up window it was like a flood of water. If my passenger window were open it would have been gallons of water pouring in. These restaurants have terrible designs. I am surprised no one ever complained in over 40 years. The tile roof had no gutters and it just funneled water onto the cars.
I notice the price for 1 fish at Carls varies widely. I saw prices ranging from 4.29 to 6.69.

Carls historically has had a good fish product so this is good news.

The Carls buildings here all have part of the building in a way that the area under the window is covered but not by much- only a foot or two. The early 80's and early 00's actually have this same type of design.