Arby's $1 Sliders

Alpha8472

Arby's $1 Sliders

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's is doing $1 sliders if ordered through the app or online. There are 5 different kinds.

https://www.arbys.com/menu/sliders/
storewanderer

Re: Arby's $1 Sliders

Post by storewanderer »

These cost 2.59 regularly in Reno... 2.19 regular in Carson City (they have 1.49 happy hour 2 PM to 5 PM).

Meat portion is very variable on these...

They're making money at $1.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

There is a problem with using the Arby's app for these deals.

They do not force franchisees to use it. Two of the largest franchisees, Love's Travel Centers and Pilot Flying J, do not allow them, instead using their own systems there.

So if your local Arby's is in one of these two, you can forget the $1 sliders now. The same also goes for Hardee's/Carl's Jr. locations. Their franchise agreements exclude them. Wendy's and McDonald's require them, however.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

wnetmacman wrote: February 29th, 2024, 12:40 pm There is a problem with using the Arby's app for these deals.

They do not force franchisees to use it. Two of the largest franchisees, Love's Travel Centers and Pilot Flying J, do not allow them, instead using their own systems there.

So if your local Arby's is in one of these two, you can forget the $1 sliders now. The same also goes for Hardee's/Carl's Jr. locations. Their franchise agreements exclude them. Wendy's and McDonald's require them, however.
What is weird is Loves recently converted to the PAR BRINK registers which are the same registers both Arbys and Carls Jr./Hardees mandate. I had heard this was so they could take online orders and run the app programs but so far I have yet to see any locations connect to the apps.

TA is more interesting. Popeyes mandates use of the Aloha or Sicom POS and TA Popeyes all shifted their Aloha (they already used Aloha but a TA Aloha) to the Popeyes Aloha and accept Popeyes app. But TA also has some Burger KIngs (Burger King also mandates use of Aloha or Sicom POS) and those Burger Kings still use the TA Aloha and do not accept that app.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Tried the Arbys "Fish Deluxe" sandwich. There is an offer in the app, 50% off.

The Diversified franchisee (from the Oakland Taco Bell thread) wants 7.19 for it at their Reno Arbys; the 2-unit Arbys franchisee in Carson City wants 5.99 for it... this sandwich is definitely worth 5.99; 7.19 is pushing it.

This sandwich was one of the best fish sandwiches I've had at fast food or even mid-scale restaurant level. For a fast food restaurant, this was "mid scale restaurant level" quality. The bun was a sweet roll, there was a good amount of lettuce and tomato. There was a rather thick slice of Cheddar cheese on the sandwich. The Tarter Sauce was fairly flavorful. Excellent product. Also quite large- the sandwich alone was adequate food for a meal. No need for a side item.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's disappeared from all but one city in San Francisco Bay Area. If Arby's had kept some open at least there would be some variety to the fast food restaurants in the area.

Burger King, Jack In The Box, Wendy's, McDonald's all seem to have mediocre fish sandwiches. I heard A&W has a new fish sandwich.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: March 10th, 2024, 8:46 pm Arby's disappeared from all but one city in San Francisco Bay Area. If Arby's had kept some open at least there would be some variety to the fast food restaurants in the area.

Burger King, Jack In The Box, Wendy's, McDonald's all seem to have mediocre fish sandwiches. I heard A&W has a new fish sandwich.
Arbys has had a better shot holding on around Sacramento than I expected. There are only a few locations left, but I expected all to close. Those locations were pretty dire. I think most have actually been remodeled now.

They have some better location penetration in OR/WA. Not great in SoCal but a little better.

Various franchisees are opening new locations. How these locations do, remains to be seen. What I have seen of the new locations are not doing very well. Not great location selections. They had a franchisee who wanted to put a location in Dayton, NV which doesn't have many choices and would have done well, but Arbys denied it saying not enough lunchtime traffic or weekday traffic. Traffic isn't everything; McDonalds later opened in Dayton. Then Arbys let them open a new location on Highway 50 East in Carson City which is high traffic- lots of traffic- driving by- not stopping to eat- that is why there was not much fast food out there in the first place- but has lousy access and is doing almost no business.

The other new location is the Diversified franchisee in Fallon. Arbys already failed once in Fallon but the failed location was more in the center of down (a little west of the Safeway); location wasn't the problem, Arbys just failed there, maybe it was too expensive. The new unit which is again too expensive is at the edge of town at the edge of the Wal Mart parking lot. The problem is it is at the edge of the parking lot on the edge that is furthest from town. If they had literally placed it on the corner of the parking lot that is closer to the town, I think it would do better. There was already a failed Qdoba years ago out in that portion of the Wal Mart parking lot.

The atmosphere and environment of these new Arbys units is nice. They aren't very large but they get the job done. The finish inside is nice. Seating is typical fast food, nothing special there, but the decor is pretty good.
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by reymann »

Arby's has held their own in the central valley much better than the bay area. The two locations in fresno got remodels and visalia is in the works at some point. Reopening the dining rooms have helped them out a bit too.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

reymann wrote: March 11th, 2024, 7:25 am Arby's has held their own in the central valley much better than the bay area. The two locations in fresno got remodels and visalia is in the works at some point. Reopening the dining rooms have helped them out a bit too.
That is good to hear the Fresno units got remodeled. I was concerned about those. They were not in good shape 2020-2023.
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by reymann »

The bay area locations never got remodels and the Fresno stores got theirs in the mid-2010s. I'm glad they finally did the repairs at the Fresno locations so the dining rooms can be open. Visalia is finally going to get a remodel in the near future.