Valued Contributor

Ohio

Post by veteran+ »

ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Ohio

Post by ClownLoach »

I don't know much about Ohio, but I have read some laws have passed there like this pharmacy staffing requirement law that are needed nationwide. They seem to be taking a common sense approach to law. They also banned title insurance on home sales, a fee that costs homeowners thousands of dollars when they sell their house yet it is completely obsolete in these days of computerized title databases and satellite imagery. Now a county clerk looks at the home in question and if they find a problem they just fix it then there is no further legal nonsense. Fence is two inches in the wrong direction on the satellite image? Been that way a few years? Property line is officially moved, no lawsuits and such, and home sale is approved.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super long shifts are still okay... at least they require 8 hours between shifts... at least it is a start.

Maybe I missed some parts about minimum staffing requirements and rph:tech ratios or those are already in the law.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

It's not a law, it's the decision of a professional board. They are given regulatory power over the profession by law, but this kind of rule making takes them into areas that probably are more difficult for them to enforce. It's not like setting standards to sit for a licensing exam or be able to renew your license. If an independent pharmacist does not follow these rules in their store, it would be interesting to see how far things get in terms of enforcement. I think they would have even more problems dealing with enforcement in a large chain. They would need to have a level of support that you'd find in a strong union, but without the labor law protections.