Wienerschnitzel Debuts Mac Burger & Mac Dog

Alpha8472

Wienerschnitzel Debuts Mac Burger & Mac Dog

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wienerschnitzel now has mac and cheese topping 3 menu items as well as several varieties of mac and cheese.

https://www.brandeating.com/2024/05/wie ... -menu.html
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Re: Wienerschnitzel Debuts Mac Burger & Mac Dog

Post by Retailuser »

Yuck.
Could they come up this something better?
Maybe different types of chili?
Soup?
Just something different.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

I rarely eat there, but when I do I find that the quality is solid. Fries always perfectly cooked, hot, crispy, just the right amount of salt. Hard to beat their plain fries. Hot dog with grilled onions that taste very fresh and not overdone. Bun perfectly toasted on a flat top. I guess the chain doesn't really have a lot of value when I compare to the famous $1.50 Costco hot dog. You're never going to win that comparison when you are priced 3X higher.

Too many places make bad macaroni and cheese, and I just can't picture Wienerschnitzel making a good one. The only fast food Mac and cheese I like is Chick-fil-A because it tastes like a real homemade dish and not something that was mixed out of a box with powder that I could make better myself at home. (I'm sure the CFA one is probably shipped in frozen and then baked in the restaurant in the same oven they use for biscuits in the morning, but it's still good)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They have a daily special; the Chicago Dog at 2.99 on some day, I forget which, maybe Tuesday, is pretty good in my opinion. Not the best, but for that price I think it is a pretty good deal. I think there is an "upcharge" of 1.29 to get it as all beef hot dog.

The fries are great.

There is a coupon on the website for 2 Corn Dogs for $2. They aren't the best corn dogs... but it is a good value.

I always liked their chili dog but the problem was the majority of the chili was always stuck to the wrapper; if they'd just use a box/boat...

Only one location left in my area.