Mcdonald's Free Nuggets & No Refills

Alpha8472

Mcdonald's Free Nuggets & No Refills

Post by Alpha8472 »

Mcdonald's is getting rid of free soda refills and the story is showing up on all the major news websites. So, today McDonald's is giving away 6 free nuggets on their app today May 22. No purchase is required. This is very unusual as McDonald's usually requires a purchase for free food offers.

Most other restaurant apps also require purchases as well to get the free food offer.

Maybe McDonald's just wants to attract customers. Theses McDonald's restaurants seem really empty of customers these days. The prices are outrageously high now.

Wendy's is doing a 50 pack of nuggets for $15. Maybe McDonald's is afraid of losing customers to Wendy's.
storewanderer

Re: Mcdonald's Free Nuggets & No Refills

Post by storewanderer »

No purchase required was a great deal. The nuggets seem to have shrunk in size and are not as thick as they used to be.

They were also weirdly shaped, not oval or round as they used to be.

The 3.29 asking price for 6 pieces is too much. I can still go to Wendys and get a 4 for 4 meal that has 4 nuggets in it plus fry/drink/jr cheeseburger.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 12:55 am The 3.29 asking price for 6 pieces is too much. I can still go to Wendys and get a 4 for 4 meal that has 4 nuggets in it plus fry/drink/jr cheeseburger.
Which is more or less what McDonald's just announced but at $5 (though at least here in this part of NY, they have been doing that for some time now, the announcement was just that it would be offered nationwide).
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

storewanderer wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 12:55 am No purchase required was a great deal. The nuggets seem to have shrunk in size and are not as thick as they used to be.

The 3.29 asking price for 6 pieces is too much. I can still go to Wendys and get a 4 for 4 meal that has 4 nuggets in it plus fry/drink/jr cheeseburger.
I think Wendys, Burger King and Jack in the Box get their chicken nuggets from the same source. They all taste the same...awful.
Tried the McNuggets last night for the first time because...hey why not if you want to give them away for free. They were dried out as they must have made a bunch and had them sitting under a heat lamp. McDonalds does have a better chicken nugget but only if it's fresh. And they should normally be more like $1.50 for 6 pieces. It's a cheap food to make and serve.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 9:02 am
storewanderer wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 12:55 am No purchase required was a great deal. The nuggets seem to have shrunk in size and are not as thick as they used to be.

I think Wendys, Burger King and Jack in the Box get their chicken nuggets from the same source. They all taste the same...awful.
Tried the McNuggets last night for the first time because...hey why not if you want to give them away for free. They were dried out as they must have made a bunch and had them sitting under a heat lamp. McDonalds does have a better chicken nugget but only if it's fresh. And they should normally be more like $1.50 for 6 pieces. It's a cheap food to make and serve.
My order was bone dry and I went at like 12:30 PM.

I think the nuggets deflate as they sit in holding. The Wendys ones seem to deflate. Sometimes they taste awful but the jr. cheeseburger has crossed $2 here and $3 in CA so the 4 for $4 even if I don't eat the nuggets, is still a good deal.

I did see an offer in the app for 20 McNuggets for $6. Cannot imagine eating 20 of those. Would not end well.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The McNuggets are very often petrified. The only thing that makes them tolerable is sauce.

I also have noticed the shrinking size of the nuggets. I used to think Wendy's nuggets were tiny. Burger King nuggets are oily, but at least they are not dry and rock-like.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The last time I tried Burger King nuggets was a 10 nuggets for $1.49 promotion and I recall trying to eat a couple but gave up and threw them away. Has anything changed on those?

Wendys nuggets have gone way downhill they used to be great back 20 years. The meat is clearly worse quality now.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Burger King nuggets vary from restaurant to restaurant. Sometimes they are hot and fresh. Other times they taste like they were cooked in rotten oil.

The meat is sort of soft and crumbly with a crumbly fried coating that is not hard like McDonald's.

Prices vary even in the same city. Sometimes the 4 piece is $1.79 while the next Burger King is $1.99. Then another BK nearby sells it for $1.49.

The 16 piece nugget is $4.98 at one Burger King vs. $5.99 at the other Burger King.