Sobeys Phoenix

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Sobeys Phoenix

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

Not sure if I should post this in the International or Southwest forum...
Sobeys apparently has an office in Phoenix. They might use that office for sourcing their produce.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/sobeys-phoenix
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Sobeys Phoenix

Post by HCal »

Safeway has a corporate presence in Phoenix. I wonder if they sold this office to Sobey's along with their Canadian stores, or if Sobey's opened it themselves.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

HCal wrote: September 1st, 2021, 6:21 pm Safeway has a corporate presence in Phoenix. I wonder if they sold this office to Sobey's along with their Canadian stores, or if Sobey's opened it themselves.
Given Safeway's offices, dairy, and distribution center are in Tempe and the Sobey's office is clear across the metro area in North Phoenix, it was probably opened by Sobey's.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

rwsandiego wrote: September 1st, 2021, 8:30 pm
HCal wrote: September 1st, 2021, 6:21 pm Safeway has a corporate presence in Phoenix. I wonder if they sold this office to Sobey's along with their Canadian stores, or if Sobey's opened it themselves.
Given Safeway's offices, dairy, and distribution center are in Tempe and the Sobey's office is clear across the metro area in North Phoenix, it was probably opened by Sobey's.
Actually Safeway's accounting department (and I believe the SW Division offices for Albertsons and Safeway) are in North Phoenix in a rather large (nondescript) office complex about 3 miles away from the Sobeys office. It's technically one of the 3 corporate HQs of Albertsons Companies. However, the Sobeys building has nothing to do with the Safeway Canada sale.

https://goo.gl/maps/vtD7QTYjaXBz45Kb8
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

It appears it is formally called Sobeys Produce Inc. I am surprised the office is not in California.