Bay Area Safeways getting Remodel?

California. No non-grocery posts.
californiashopper

Bay Area Safeways getting Remodel?

Post by californiashopper »

I heard some Bay Area Safeways were set to be given the new Pavilions interior. Does anybody know if this is true or has caught wind of a similar idea? Would love to see some of these lifestyle stores be renovated!
Alpha8472

Re: Bay Area Safeways getting Remodel?

Post by Alpha8472 »

There is one remodel of a Lifestyle Safeway right now in Walnut Creek, California. The store was remodeled a few years ago into the cheap Lifestyle decor.

The glass windows in the front have been replaced by a solid wall. The store is not getting an expansion as far as I can see.

Since Albertsons people are in control of Northern California now, this will be one of the first times that Lifestyle decor will be replaced in Northern California.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on July 7th, 2019, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
californiashopper

Post by californiashopper »

Interesting. I wonder which design package it will be getting.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Unless something recently changed, all new stores and remodels in NorCal going forward are getting the package used in San Mateo, Truckee, and Sacramento-Crocker new build.

The Pavilions interior is sure a lot more exciting... and probably a lot more expensive too.

South Lake Tahoe is slated for remodel soon so we will see what it gets. It already got the lighting enhancement.