Pavilions Sherman Oaks New Build Plans

California. No non-grocery posts.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Pavilions Sherman Oaks New Build Plans

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

I don't think the Solana Beach, La Costa, or Rancho Bernardo Vons stores should convert to Pavilions, as those stores have been remodeled recently (Solana Beach and La Costa now have Brown Lifestyle, while Rancho Bernardo has Colorful Lifestyle). Mission Hills could convert though. The Mission Hills Vons was torn down and rebuilt 7 or 8 years ago (very old former Safeway)
klkla

Post by klkla »

rwsandiego wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:37 pm
klkla wrote: April 24th, 2020, 10:30 am...
La Jolla is a no-brainer, I'm amazed they haven't done that yet.

I think Rancho Bernardo could support a Pavilions, as well..
With its close proximity to Rancho Santa Fe, the Solana Beach Vons would make sense. I think Mission Hills San Diego would also work well.
I agree. If they are serious about expanding Pavilions to San Diego those locations make sense too.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by Bluelightspecial »

If they are looking to expand the brand they should look at converting some of the Albertsons in upscale areas.... like Rancho Mirage, Calabasas, Laguna Niguel and Santa Barbara.
klkla

Post by klkla »

Bluelightspecial wrote: April 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm If they are looking to expand the brand they should look at converting some of the Albertsons in upscale areas.... like Rancho Mirage, Calabasas, Laguna Niguel and Santa Barbara.
Strangely enough they are pretty much shut out of Santa Barbara now. They have the one very small store (Approx. 15,000 sq. ft.) on Cliff Drive, which was reclaimed after Haggen went bust.

They divested the former Albertsons on State Street to Haggen and it became a Smart & Final Extra after that. They lost the lease to the Vons on State Street and it is becoming a Bristol Farms.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

I am wondering what kind of decor package they will be using? The latest remodeled Haggen here in Washington in Auburn sports what I would call a “Market Street” decor package. I have seen that package at the Albertsons on Broadway in Boise that was supposed to be Market Street Idaho, until they changed their mind on the name. I also have seen similar decor on a actual Market Street store in Frisco, Texas!
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Bluelightspecial wrote: April 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm If they are looking to expand the brand they should look at converting some of the Albertsons in upscale areas.... like Rancho Mirage, Calabasas, Laguna Niguel and Santa Barbara.
Laguna Niguel's Pavilions was already converted out of a Vons 2 years ago.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

True, but I was suggesting Albertsons to Pavilions conversions. Orange County seems to be a good area for the concept. There are three or four Pavilions in Newport Beach so having two in Laguna Niguel is not unthinkable.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

marshd1000 wrote: April 26th, 2020, 8:26 pm I am wondering what kind of decor package they will be using? The latest remodeled Haggen here in Washington in Auburn sports what I would call a “Market Street” decor package. I have seen that package at the Albertsons on Broadway in Boise that was supposed to be Market Street Idaho, until they changed their mind on the name. I also have seen similar decor on a actual Market Street store in Frisco, Texas!
Pavilions now uses this decor:
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/pavilio ... jFnXH1V8Ow
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/pavilio ... p56XPzBYew
Very nice stores.
klkla

Post by klkla »

I couldn't tell for sure which graphics package they are using on this store. The letters were big and I could read them from a distance but I was looking through gaps in the tarp that surrounds the building and the construction workers were looking at me like I was crazy so I didn't spend too much time there. The store has an open ceiling with natural light cut-outs and led-strip lights that are encased in clear plastic. That's about all I could tell about it.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

klkla wrote: April 21st, 2020, 5:24 pm I drove past this project today. It's getting close to completion and crews were working on it today.

It's an interesting design. The store is a pedestal design but from Ventura Blvd. it appears to be at street level. This is because the lot is sloped. From the back of the property you enter the parking lot at just below street level. The parking lot encompasses the entire lot. The store is above that and is about half the size of the parking lot and is on the Ventura Blvd. side of the property.

The front of the store appears to face Kester Ave., not Ventura (although there are large windows along Ventura). There is a driveway on Ventura that goes down to parking. From what I can see most of the fixtures have been installed and the sign package is installed. It looks like the Starbucks was finished, too. I couldn't tell whether they have stocked any merchandise, yet.

PavilionsShermanOaks.jpg

I also stopped by the Gelson's on Van Nuys Blvd., which is six blocks from the site. They recently completed a major remodel of the store, probably in anticipation of the new Pavilions. It was fairly busy and well stocked except for paper products, of course, and oddly no frozen pizzas for some reason. Also the Service Deli did not have as many items as usual. What they had looked fresh but there is noticeably less selection than normal.
Looks like all construction is done and they will open very soon. I'm not a big fan of the look of the exterior, but what you can see from street of the inside, it looks nice.
Pavilions.png