Save Mart 2021 Branding

California. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Save Mart 2021 Branding

Post by SamSpade »

Valley fresh. Valley made. Valley proud.
Interesting. I understand a majority of their stores are located in a particular trade area, but aren't some far away? How does this slogan register outside that core area?
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Save Mart 2021 Branding

Post by jamcool »

Like the store in Tehachapi?
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

jamcool wrote: May 17th, 2021, 4:01 pm Like the store in Tehachapi?
Mountain, valley - potato, potahto - what's the big difference? :lol:

In all seriousness, locale-based slogans fall flat when they are slapped on ads and stores outside of the locale. Like Tehachapi or Reno.

At least the current logo doesn't look stuck in 1953 like the old one did.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The most recent two Reno Save Mart remodels have shapes of the state of California on the walls and slogans like Valley Fresh, Valley Proud, etc. on the walls. Yes, it is perhaps a slap in the face and slightly offensive (especially when so much of what is sold there doesn't even come from the Central Valley- see beef from Canada, US Beef from undisclosed locations, produce from Mexico).

But it doesn't matter much. At least Save Mart does store remodels that expand product mix and store services. Save Mart is actually trying to do something positive for the customers and employees of its stores with the remodel program they have.

Also previous marketing campaigns they did were not much better. From the singing employees "we are the people in your neighborhood"
which made you want to destroy your radio or tv (or rip up the paper bag with music notes on it)

this slogan while not reflective of its outlying markets, at least comes off as a wholesome ad campaign that makes you smile.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

Tehachapi is closely connected to Kern County, and many of its residents commute to Bakersfield for work, so I think this slogan might resonate well there. It seems a bit absurd for Nevada, but maybe it could be seen as referring to the source of fruits and vegetables, the majority of which are grown in the central valley.

Save Mart seems to have got their act together recently, with sharper pricing and better quality. I'm starting to see more people there than in the past. FoodMaxx still seems to be its old self, busy as usual because it's cheap.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: May 17th, 2021, 11:19 pm The most recent two Reno Save Mart remodels have shapes of the state of California on the walls and slogans like Valley Fresh, Valley Proud, etc. on the walls. Yes, it is perhaps a slap in the face and slightly offensive (especially when so much of what is sold there doesn't even come from the Central Valley- see beef from Canada, US Beef from undisclosed locations, produce from Mexico).

But it doesn't matter much. At least Save Mart does store remodels that expand product mix and store services. Save Mart is actually trying to do something positive for the customers and employees of its stores with the remodel program they have.

Also previous marketing campaigns they did were not much better. From the singing employees "we are the people in your neighborhood"
which made you want to destroy your radio or tv (or rip up the paper bag with music notes on it)

this slogan while not reflective of its outlying markets, at least comes off as a wholesome ad campaign that makes you smile.
Oh.
My.
God.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: May 18th, 2021, 11:53 pm
Oh.
My.
God.
You have to admit they have come a long way with the current campaign, compared to this.

They also had some militant "we the people of Lucky Supermarkets" campaign they ran around the same time as the musical Save Mart campaign. I couldn't find anything about that one but I am sure it is out there somewhere.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:25 am
Oh.
My.
God.
You have to admit they have come a long way with the current campaign, compared to this.
True. They have come into the 21st century, probably because Nicole Pesco is now in charge.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

They also had some militant "we the people of Lucky Supermarkets" campaign they ran around the same time as the musical Save Mart campaign. I couldn't find anything about that one but I am sure it is out there somewhere.
The Save Mart commercial is desperately trying to parody Mister Rogers :lol:
This one is also terrible:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: May 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm
Oh.
My.
God.
True. They have come into the 21st century, probably because Nicole Pesco is now in charge.
There are a few old grocers around some of whom went through ASC/Albertsons, who seem to have finally gotten into positions where they have power over the entire organization, know what they are doing, and can drive sales, also.

Save Mart has done some weird stuff in the past few years but the reality is their competitive offering is drastically better today than it was three years ago, in the remodeled stores.