New labor contract for Food4Less/Foods Co. employees

California. No non-grocery posts.
klkla

New labor contract for Food4Less/Foods Co. employees

Post by klkla »

Pay increase of $1.65 an hour over three years.
An agreement to match any larger increases that may be negotiated by Ralphs in 2022 or 2023.
Kroger will pay all contributions to maintain health and pensions benefits without any reductions.
One time signing bonus of $150 - $500.
More guaranteed work hours (24 for workers with five years of service and 28 for those with more than 15 years of service.)

The article also gives a number for how many stores Kroger is operating in California right now:
190 Ralphs in Southern California and Central Coast
98 Food4Less/Food Co. in Southern and Central California

288 total

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... r-contract
storewanderer

Re: New labor contract for Food4Less/Foods Co. employees

Post by storewanderer »

I wonder what exactly is included in that count of 98 stores.

I don't think that includes the Sacramento/Bay Area FoodsCo. I wonder if it includes Fresno/Tulare.

Maybe it includes Bakersfield and Santa Maria.
klkla

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: July 14th, 2021, 9:58 pm I wonder what exactly is included in that count of 98 stores.

I don't think that includes the Sacramento/Bay Area FoodsCo. I wonder if it includes Fresno/Tulare.

Maybe it includes Bakersfield and Santa Maria.
I'm not 100% sure if the stores in the bay area are included. IIRC there are only a few in that area. If they're unionized I would imagine it would be under Local 8-Golden State. Bakersfield is definitely considered to be part of the Central Valley. Santa Maria is considered Central Coast.

From what I remember
Local 135 is San Diego County.
Local 324 is Orange County.
Local 770 is parts of Los Angeles County plus Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.
Local 1167 is in the Inland Empire.
Local 1428 is east San Gabriel Valley of LA and west part of San Bernardino County.
Local 1442 is South Bay and coastal area of Los Angeles County.
Local 8-Golden State is Central California
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

UFCW5 is the union for the San Francisco Bay Area Foods Co. locations. This link shows supermarkets, candy stores, barber shops, etc. that are part of this union. I find it fascinating that there are many CVS stores that are union as well as See's Candies. See's Candies has always been very old fashioned, but I had no idea that they were union. Macy's San Francisco and Macy's Furniture in Pleasanton, California are union. Two Grocery Outlets are union. All Rite Aid stores are union.

Delano's Market in Fairfax, California is union. I had no idea there was still a Delano's open. Purity Supermarket in Fort Bragg, California is still open! It is like a time capsule from the 1950s. They do not take ATM cards.

https://ufcw5.org/pdf/union-service-guide.pdf