Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

California. No non-grocery posts.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

Post by CalItalian »

steps wrote: August 14th, 2021, 12:31 am The dumbest thing about the apps is that I need to install all 3 in SoCal. I can't use the Vons app at Albertsons or Pavilions (it directs you to use the app at the store banner you are shopping) when all store banners have the same deals/coupons.

The app is MUCH easier to use now that you have a barcode to scan but, 2 Albertsons I went to couldn't scan the barcode, I had to use my phone number. Vons and Pavilions do not have an issue scanning the barcode.

Albertsons is the parent company but haven't integrated the scanning feature at their stores (at least the ones I went to)? Where's the logic in that?
Not only that but I had an issue with a $25 gift card Monopoly win. The shift supervisor in Sun City/Menifee who I know well had to call customer service to find out why she couldn't issue it to me.
It was because I didn't have that store as the one I was shopping at in the app or account. After customer service changed it, no issue. We both talked with the customer service person and apparently some coupons only work when you have the specific store you are shopping in listed on your account or app. I shared that information with one of the coupon groups I participate in and it cleared up all the Monopoly and some other coupon issues other group members had. Now, I always make sure to change to the store location I am shopping in the app. No more issues.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

CalItalian wrote: August 17th, 2021, 5:09 pmNot only that but I had an issue with a $25 gift card Monopoly win. The shift supervisor in Sun City/Menifee who I know well had to call customer service to find out why she couldn't issue it to me.
It was because I didn't have that store as the one I was shopping at in the app or account. After customer service changed it, no issue. We both talked with the customer service person and apparently some coupons only work when you have the specific store you are shopping in listed on your account or app. I shared that information with one of the coupon groups I participate in and it cleared up all the Monopoly and some other coupon issues other group members had. Now, I always make sure to change to the store location I am shopping in the app. No more issues.
I don't know. I did my $25 Monopoly Gift Card redemption at a store that was not set as "my store" in the app for sure- because I have no phone reception at that store and its wi-fi is perpetually broken.

I wonder if the CSR over the phone looked up the offer and did something to reset it or force it to activate/work and that is why it worked after you made the phone call. But if others observed similar experiences after trying to change their settings that way on certain offers then maybe there is some really weird programming in this system.

At the new Safeway that opened in Reno, the first couple weeks, most of the app offers were not working at all. One of the (blatantly false) urban myths various of the front end employees were saying was that you had to have items added to "my list" in order to make the offers work. Okay- let's do that and try the transaction again. Oh, it still isn't working... so much for that theory. Now for the refund using that dubious "Club Card Saving" PLU code. Would love to see an audit report of that PLU's use. A couple weeks after the opening, things got fixed and worked normally. I rarely have anything added to "my list."

I have seen situations where a coupon is store-specific. For instance a grand opening/remodel coupon for $10 off $50 purchase. A few of those have popped up in my area the past year with the multiple remodels/one new store opening. The coupon will only show up under the specific store it applies to. If you switch stores, it disappears from your list. But you don't have to have your store set to that store to redeem it...
Greggo
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by Greggo »

Just curious if any of my fellow shoppers who patronize the Albertsons/Safeway family of stores have ever seen the mythical 12-ounce Riley’s Brewing hand sanitizer they’ve offered for free each week for well over a month now. Here in Texas, the 2-ounce Pro Sanitize sanitizers also offered each week are abundant and the 10-packs of Mediwipers offered each week are hit and miss, but I don’t know anyone who has ever seen the Riley’s. If it’s not available in a region, take it out of the app so you don’t tick people off!!!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Greggo wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm Just curious if any of my fellow shoppers who patronize the Albertsons/Safeway family of stores have ever seen the mythical 12-ounce Riley’s Brewing hand sanitizer they’ve offered for free each week for well over a month now. Here in Texas, the 2-ounce Pro Sanitize sanitizers also offered each week are abundant and the 10-packs of Mediwipers offered each week are hit and miss, but I don’t know anyone who has ever seen the Riley’s. If it’s not available in a region, take it out of the app so you don’t tick people off!!!
I have not seen it since the free offers. I recall seeing it way back when (over a year ago). I wonder if a bunch of it got expired/disposed but the on hands were not adjusted.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Greggo wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:34 pm Just curious if any of my fellow shoppers who patronize the Albertsons/Safeway family of stores have ever seen the mythical 12-ounce Riley’s Brewing hand sanitizer they’ve offered for free each week for well over a month now. Here in Texas, the 2-ounce Pro Sanitize sanitizers also offered each week are abundant and the 10-packs of Mediwipers offered each week are hit and miss, but I don’t know anyone who has ever seen the Riley’s. If it’s not available in a region, take it out of the app so you don’t tick people off!!!
Riley’s was available throughout Orange County, CA. I have no idea if it was a regional product. Stores had a limited supply, and it was gone within days of the coupon going live.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Yes. I have two dozen of them from 3 Riverside County Vons stores. All 3 stores had quite a supply of them. Since it has gone from a limit of 4 to a limit of 1 each week, I haven't seen any.