Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

California. No non-grocery posts.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

Post by Bagels »

This week at Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions, you can get four free 32 oz. sanitizing cleaning spray, and four free 80ct sanitizing wipes. No other purchase necessary, but it requires a J4U account. There’s no shortage of product at my local store…

In other news, they FINALLY repainted the outside signage (on all sides of the store), which was barely visible at night due to sub bleaching…

Greggo
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Re: Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

Post by Greggo »

Man! That division must’ve WAY overbought. Here in Texas, Randalls isn’t offering anything remotely close to that. The J4U offer this week is a free pizza … lol.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

They really must have no room to store them. A while back Walmart was giving away bottles of hand sanitizer, because they had too much.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

I've seen this on the J4U app for several weeks now (I am in ACME territory), but I don't see it anymore this week (although with the horribly designed updated app, it's hard to find any kind of coupon).
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I remember the Safeway app had a free roll of toilet paper on their app. That was when they had those tissue paper wrapped rolls of toilet paper that were probably the same ones you see at hotels. They were such poor quality that they had to give them away since they were not selling.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Safeway NorCal has had free wipes for weeks now via the app. They have a 10pk and an 80pk, the coupons seem to vary by location. Some locations have both, some one or the other, some neither. Despite my going into many locations every week I have yet to claim any of these.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:34 pm I remember the Safeway app had a free roll of toilet paper on their app. That was when they had those tissue paper wrapped rolls of toilet paper that were probably the same ones you see at hotels. They were such poor quality that they had to give them away since they were not selling.
CVS has that toilet paper still. It is 13 cents each. I needed some items to fully redeem my extra bucks so I took a few of them. Pretty bad stuff. Can't believe Kleenex puts its name on it. At least I can rest assured I will not have to worry about any plumbing problems.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

Which store is this? My local Vons didn't have anything free. They did give me a $5 off anything J4U offer, which was enough incentive for me to go there. I almost never go to Vons due to having several cheaper stores nearby.

EDIT: I just found the free coupons on J4U. They were buried pretty deep down on the list so I didn't see them the first time. Good deals but not worth it for me to go back.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

HCal wrote: July 31st, 2021, 12:36 am Which store is this? My local Vons didn't have anything free. They did give me a $5 off anything J4U offer, which was enough incentive for me to go there. I almost never go to Vons due to having several cheaper stores nearby.

EDIT: I just found the free coupons on J4U. They were buried pretty deep down on the list so I didn't see them the first time. Good deals but not worth it for me to go back.
Yep, that redesign of their app makes everything more difficut to find.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Update - today, they added two types of hand sanitizers. So now you can get eight bottles of hand sanitIzer, four cans of wipes (didn’t fit in the picture) and four cans of cleaner

storewanderer wrote: July 29th, 2021, 11:01 pm Safeway NorCal has had free wipes for weeks now via the app. They have a 10pk and an 80pk, the coupons seem to vary by location. Some locations have both, some one or the other, some neither. Despite my going into many locations every week I have yet to claim any of these.
The 10pk was also available in SoCal. It was one of their month long freebies. They were in very limited quantity - I only saw them by the pharmacy (in locations with a pharmacy).

Most of these freebies had been 3 for $1 for awhile. They were able to blow out most of the paper products and hand soap, but at huge discounts. Gotta wonder what the overall loss is. At one point, they were selling the hand sanitizer and cleaning spray for $10 each; the wipes went for $6. Ralphs had similar items and similar stock but priced the items much more moderately, so that they moved much more product. But they have some bargains as well (32oz Safeguard liquid hand soap pump bottles for $1, etc.)