Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

California. No non-grocery posts.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Albertsons/Vons Giving Away Sanitation Products

Post by Bagels »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 11th, 2021, 10:35 pm I visit a deal website everyday and everyone was talking about the Albertsons coupons last night. However, Albertsons probably realized their mistake and took the coupon away from everyone. There were some people who managed to take advantage and order an online pickup before the coupons were taken away.

I live in a Safeway area, but if you downloaded the Albertsons app it would detect your Safeway account and put the coupons on your Safeway app. I just noticed that update to the Safeway app last night. It was terrible.
I’m pondering if the coupons were a mistake -: they were very elaborately written. I wonder if they didn’t realize how many super couponers would create dozens of accounts to take advantage of the coupons.

I’m beginning to like the new app. They introduced it with Vons several months ago, and it was terrible but they’ve made some vast improvements!
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: August 11th, 2021, 10:59 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: August 11th, 2021, 10:35 pm I visit a deal website everyday and everyone was talking about the Albertsons coupons last night. However, Albertsons probably realized their mistake and took the coupon away from everyone. There were some people who managed to take advantage and order an online pickup before the coupons were taken away.

I live in a Safeway area, but if you downloaded the Albertsons app it would detect your Safeway account and put the coupons on your Safeway app. I just noticed that update to the Safeway app last night. It was terrible.
I have mixed feelings about the new app. The one thing I do really like about the new app is you can click on a coupon and see what items it applies to. This will be very helpful. I can go on and on about what I didn't like about the new app but it is what it is, there were a lot of things I didn't like about the old app too.

Also the Just 4 U is now "Safeway 4 U" or "Albertsons 4 U" or "Vons 4 U"... and "club" price is now "member" price. Seems like pointless rebranding. "Member." Where have I heard that term misused before...?
I did not like the old app and now I hate the new one!

I refuse to shop at Ralphs any longer for a host of reasons. Now I'm saying goodbye to Pavilons and their high prices for good.

Sprouts, Trader Joes and Whole Foods (with their lowered prices) gets my business going forward (Target for non foods).

Enough is enough.........................
Greggo
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by Greggo »

Shopped at Randalls in Austin today and when I got home I noticed on the receipt I had been mischarged on 4 different items. The 2 bags of tortilla chips that were supposed to be 99 cents each rang up as $3 each; the pico that was supposed to be free with the purchase of Hatch Chile guacamole rang up at $4.99; the two-liter of Dole lemonade that was supposed to be free rang up as 88 cents; and the 3 two liters of Diet Mountain Dew that were supposed to be 88 cents each rang up as $1.32 each. Total amount they owe me when I go back tomorrow is about $10. The 80-pack of wipes that was supposed to be free was out of stock. The whole thing is beyond ridiculous. They need to fix the app ASAP. (Also, I too initially had the $25 and $50 coupons appear then disappear.)

Amazingly the $5 deal for four dessert items actually rang up for $4.75. That was the only deal I had been concerned about ringing up wrong. Chocolate syrup was $1.25, whipped topping was $1, cookies were $1.25 and ice cream was $1.25.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Check for signage at waist level at the checkstand or around the check writing table about the scan accuracy guarantee. You should receive one per UPC of the items for free ($5 max value per UPC) and additional quantities at lowest marked price.

If it was all digital/app overcharges you could call the 1-800 number and get a credit toward a future visit also.
Greggo
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by Greggo »

Randalls knows they have issues and is trying to dig its way out. I guess they got enough complaints bc I got an email today with this subject line: “Oops! Our bad. We’ll make it right.” It said several digital offers had to be removed and it included a coupon for $5 off a $5 purchase.
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by steps »

The dumbest thing about the apps is that I need to install all 3 in SoCal. I can't use the Vons app at Albertsons or Pavilions (it directs you to use the app at the store banner you are shopping) when all store banners have the same deals/coupons.

The app is MUCH easier to use now that you have a barcode to scan but, 2 Albertsons I went to couldn't scan the barcode, I had to use my phone number. Vons and Pavilions do not have an issue scanning the barcode.

Albertsons is the parent company but haven't integrated the scanning feature at their stores (at least the ones I went to)? Where's the logic in that?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

In Northern California, we have Safeway and Pak N Save. There is no separate app for Pak N Save luckily. I would hate to have to use another app. However, Fresno is technically Northern California and they have VONS instead of Safeway. The VONS in Fresno are run by the Safeway division. I assume they use the VONS app.

How hard can it be to combine the apps and make it easy to use?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Kroger is the same way. Each division needs its own app if you want to "shop" so by default if you want to see deals, the same thing happens. Some "deals" are good at all locations so in that case if you load the deal it will work in any location. But it is tough to tell what is a regional deal and what is a company wide deal based on the app.

Pak N Save is under the Safeway app and Lucky-Utah is not in any app from the best I can tell. Also if you want to shop online at Lucky-Utah it redirects you to Instacart.

The apps are banner specific (not division specific) so Vons- is an app that covers 3 divisions. You have the SoCal Vons, the Fresno Vons (NorCal Safeway), and the Las Vegas Vons (Arizona Safeway).
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Greggo wrote: August 13th, 2021, 5:18 pm Randalls knows they have issues and is trying to dig its way out. I guess they got enough complaints bc I got an email today with this subject line: “Oops! Our bad. We’ll make it right.” It said several digital offers had to be removed and it included a coupon for $5 off a $5 purchase.
This was across all Albertsons chains. They had $25 off $25 & $50 off $50 digital coupons loaded. They worked until about 8 am PDT on a Wednesday morning (they were loaded into each division at 12 midnight local time).

I have multiple accounts & received either $5 off $5 or $10 off $10 a few days later those coupons were pulled. Although I can not confirm it, talk in one of the coupon groups I participate in was that some also got $20 off $20 a few days after.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 14th, 2021, 2:06 pm In Northern California, we have Safeway and Pak N Save. There is no separate app for Pak N Save luckily. I would hate to have to use another app. However, Fresno is technically Northern California and they have VONS instead of Safeway. The VONS in Fresno are run by the Safeway division. I assume they use the VONS app.

How hard can it be to combine the apps and make it easy to use?
Going to be IMPOSSIBLE to do now that they've changed Just For U to Albertsons For U, Vons For U, Safeway For U, Pavilions For U, Randalls For U...and so forth.