NW Grocers and Winter 2021 Storm(s)

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: NW Grocers and Winter 2021 Storm(s)

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:31 pm There is also a Pet Supplies Plus, the first in Oregon, coming to Gresham Station.
That is nothing to get excited about. Maybe some franchisees are better than others and I haven't been to the better ones. I see it is owned by the same group that bought Sears Outlets (also owns Liberty Tax) and Vitamin Shoppe. I did not even know Vitamin Shoppe was a franchise format. I see they started to sell franchises in 2021.
Super S

Post by Super S »

babs wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:31 pm Old Navy has been downsizing some of their older, larger stores. This is their new location. They did the same thing in Beaverton where the closed a large, older store at Cedar Hills Crossing and reopened a new, smaller store at Cascade Plaza. There is also a Pet Supplies Plus, the first in Oregon, coming to Gresham Station.
Yes the new location is smaller, but as I mentioned, it has a temporary banner up and not a permanent sign. If this is truly a new permanent location it looks a bit sloppy from the outside. I can see a delayed reopening of the old location (keep in mind it was not a planned closure) but the fact that the signs have been removed, and the "new" location doesn't have permanent signage, make me wonder if a new location is being considered.
Super S

Post by Super S »

An update to this thread....I was in the area last week.

Old Navy has repaired the storm damage and has reopened at their original location.

The Albertsons in Troutdale has been rebranded to Safeway. I am not sure if the gas station at the old Safeway location is still open though. It remained open after the main store closed, but when I drove by the signs were not on. I also am not sure if any changes have taken place inside the Albertsons as I did not go inside.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Troutdale Albertsons had the LLC interior with clovers all over so they would have had to remodel to convert to Safeway.

I find it ironic they are wasting resources rebranding a store that is going to very likely be divested. This makes me wonder more if there is a plan to give the Safeway banner to whoever stores are divested to.

They also appear to have just installed new gas pumps on the gas station. Again not clear why they are spending money on a gas station on a lot where they have gone out of business with their store. Would Kroger have any use for this gas station? Do they not have fuel at nearby stores?