Andersen Dairy fined $1.85 million over safety violations

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Andersen Dairy fined $1.85 million over safety violations

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://komonews.com/news/local/amputat ... llion-fine

Andersen Dairy in Battle Ground WA was fined roughly $1.85 million by Washington Labor and Industries over a large number of what were termed egregious safety violations found in an inspection made after a worker's hand was crushed in plastic machinery. The article states that there have been at least 10 incidents involving severe injuries to workers over the past six years.

I know they provide milk to Winco stores, but I'm not sure what other stores they might supply.
Super S

Re: Andersen Dairy fined $1.85 million over safety violations

Post by Super S »

Brian Lutz wrote: September 24th, 2019, 2:30 pm https://komonews.com/news/local/amputat ... llion-fine

Andersen Dairy in Battle Ground WA was fined roughly $1.85 million by Washington Labor and Industries over a large number of what were termed egregious safety violations found in an inspection made after a worker's hand was crushed in plastic machinery. The article states that there have been at least 10 incidents involving severe injuries to workers over the past six years.

I know they provide milk to Winco stores, but I'm not sure what other stores they might supply.
The WinCo Branded milk is supplied by Andersen. At one point the labels actually stated this. They also sell the Andersen branded milk at WinCo, basically the same product, at a higher price.

I am not sure if other chain stores with locations in Battle Ground (Fred Meyer, Albertsons, Safeway, and Walmart)sell Andersen branded dairy products (or provide their private label dairy) to appeal to the local community, but I do know the stores I mentioned do not have them in nearby towns.

I want to say that some of the smaller convenience stores carry Andersen products.

I have had bad milk way before the sell by date on several occasions from WinCo. I want to say though that it's more of an issue with WinCo not storing milk at the proper temperature than an issue with Andersen. I no longer buy milk there though.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Andersen Dairy fined $1.85 million over safety violations

Post by babs »

Super S wrote: December 15th, 2019, 9:09 am
Brian Lutz wrote: September 24th, 2019, 2:30 pm https://komonews.com/news/local/amputat ... llion-fine

The WinCo Branded milk is supplied by Andersen. At one point the labels actually stated this. They also sell the Andersen branded milk at WinCo, basically the same product, at a higher price.

I am not sure if other chain stores with locations in Battle Ground (Fred Meyer, Albertsons, Safeway, and Walmart)sell Andersen branded dairy products (or provide their private label dairy) to appeal to the local community, but I do know the stores I mentioned do not have them in nearby towns.

I want to say that some of the smaller convenience stores carry Andersen products.

I have had bad milk way before the sell by date on several occasions from WinCo. I want to say though that it's more of an issue with WinCo not storing milk at the proper temperature than an issue with Andersen. I no longer buy milk there though.
Safeway/Albertsons has dairy plants in both Seattle and Portland. Fred Meyer supplies the entire NW from their Portland plant. Not sure where Walmart sources their milk from.