UNFI Loses Former Unified/Supervalu Customers

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

UNFI Loses Former Unified/Supervalu Customers

Post by marshd1000 »

I was looking at the website for Spokane based URM Stores and noticed that most of the old Associated Grocers/Unified/Supervalu customers have defected. Listed on their website are NW Grocers, the marketing group for some IGA stores plus Washington and Oregon Thriftways, Red Apple and Family Grocer to name a few. Also Town & Country Markets, Central Markets and stores like Cost Cutter and Food Pavilion jumped ship. So if seems like the only places where UNFI brands may be found are at Metropolitan Market, New Seasons and IGA stores that are not part of the NW Grocers group! So I am guessing that UNFI employment levels are probably going down in the Northwest!
storewanderer

Re: UNFI Loses Former Unified/Supervalu Customers

Post by storewanderer »

Supervalu was selling some things to Kmart before and during the bankruptcy but more recently that supply shifted to C&S (ghost of Fleming).

Also in Northern California the Mar Val chain has switched over to C&S. Mar Val isn't a huge volume operation but they've been adding stores by buying out retiring independents the past few years and run a professional operation for their size. At this point most of the productive smaller independent chains in NorCal are with C&S. UNFI still has a few but it isn't what it was.

In OR, UNFI seems to have held on to most of the independents it has on the I-5 and Coastal Corridor. A number of those are former Fleming customers who left Fleming only because Fleming exited OR/WA.

I think I read recently C&S was opening a warehouse in OR or WA... though...
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: UNFI Loses Former Unified/Supervalu Customers

Post by SamSpade »

storewanderer wrote: February 11th, 2020, 10:32 pm I think I read recently C&S was opening a warehouse in OR or WA... though...
Yes, Troutdale, Oregon. Jobs are posted to their website even.