First Joint Fred Meyer and QFC TV Ad

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: First Joint Fred Meyer and QFC TV Ad

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: May 25th, 2020, 9:26 pm In the overhead PA system Kroger stores now have an announcement playing thanking grocery store employees from Duracell.

I have not heard these kind of announcements in other stores "thanking" the employees other than Kroger. I think the employees would probably rather have more extra pay. I may be wrong here but I question the effectiveness and meaning of these messages. Obviously someone or some focus group thought they were a good idea... but after the employees hear them 8 times in a day I am not sure if it is more of an annoyance than a positive.
Although a way for stores to get a bit of extra advertising money from the sponsoring company (that they may not be getting from many not really needing to advertise items that have been selling more than normal), and hopefully on that company's part a way to encourage shoppers to choose their batteries over other options, even if they happen to be more costly than the other choices (thinking they are a good company to run an ad like that thanking employees).