Albertsons Market Street

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Albertsons Market Street

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:29 pm
Super S wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:01 am As the Albertsons brand has faded considerably in Washington and Oregon, I wonder if they could give that brand new life with a few stores in this area with the format, or at least try this with a few Safeway locations.
I think the remaining Albertsons stores in Western WA, with the exception of Kitsap County, should be rebranded as Safeway. The Safeway brand has clearly done better in Western WA. SVU did a terrible job with the Western WA Albertsons stores.
Why should Albertsons stay in Kitsap/Gig Harbor? Albertsons has generally done well there, with nice late 90's/early 2000's build stores.
If Albertsons brings the Market Street concept to the PNW, I wouldn't be surprised if the stores were Safeway-branded.
marshd1000, if Haggen is the "upscale" banner in Western WA, maybe Albertsons should go the Pavilions route with Haggen and remodel the remaining Haggens with Pavilions decor.
I have little confidence in Safeway's OR or WA divisions properly running or executing a Market Street format store. It is possible they could pull it off, but I have serious doubts. Maybe if they got some help from both Boise and Haggen, they could make it happen. NorCal Safeway may be able to pull it off in a limited number of locations- they can run some pretty good perimeters in their higher volume bay area stores. Vons- yeah right, terrible operation; laughably bad execution on the perimeter really. Southwest- maybe; there seem to be some holdovers from the old Albertsons LLC Southwest Division who push some strong operations in that division.