New WinCo Foods locations out of Shopko Bankruptcy

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: New WinCo Foods locations out of Shopko Bankruptcy

Post by babs »

storewanderer wrote: November 28th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Super S wrote: November 28th, 2020, 1:40 pm I was in Centralia today and drove by the site where Centralia Station is proposed, where WinCo is supposedly locating. No signs of any new development as of yet. It has been nearly two years since Fred Meyer backed out. I really hope that the delays are due to the current pandemic situation and not delays in permitting again, but I am already seeing similarities to how things progressed (or didn't) with Fred Meyer including a lack of updates on the progress of this project.
If WinCo abandons this site too I guess I will bag a little less on Kroger for lack of new store activity at the Fred Meyer division. This site seems to have some odd issue(s). Would expect development in this type of area to be pretty straightforward...
The highway ramp project associated with this development was delayed to 2021 due to COVID. http://www.chronline.com/news/mellen-st ... 5bc32.html
Super S

Post by Super S »

babs wrote: November 29th, 2020, 10:17 am
storewanderer wrote: November 28th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Super S wrote: November 28th, 2020, 1:40 pm I was in Centralia today and drove by the site where Centralia Station is proposed, where WinCo is supposedly locating. No signs of any new development as of yet. It has been nearly two years since Fred Meyer backed out. I really hope that the delays are due to the current pandemic situation and not delays in permitting again, but I am already seeing similarities to how things progressed (or didn't) with Fred Meyer including a lack of updates on the progress of this project.
If WinCo abandons this site too I guess I will bag a little less on Kroger for lack of new store activity at the Fred Meyer division. This site seems to have some odd issue(s). Would expect development in this type of area to be pretty straightforward...
The highway ramp project associated with this development was delayed to 2021 due to COVID. http://www.chronline.com/news/mellen-st ... 5bc32.html
Had a feeling this had something to do with it. But I am a little surprised that there hasn't been any site work or anything, making me wonder if WinCo is waiting to see if the ramp project materializes before moving forward.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Although Shopko didn't operate on the Oregon Coast, there are rumors that WinCo is looking to locate a new store somewhere along the northern Oregon Coast. Warrenton seems like a good possibility as a lot of new retail has opened in the area over the past 10 years. However, the Seaside School District recently put a couple of prime sites along Highway 101 up for sale when they recently moved their schools to higher ground.
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

I saw an article from Bend today that their store opens February 1st. Chad Drive (Eugene) was not being worked on when I was there in October, at least from what I could see. Salem is one of the few WinCo didn’t pick up (probably because WinCo was already nearby) and it’s a Coastal now.
Super S

Post by Super S »

bryceleinan wrote: January 13th, 2021, 6:52 pm I saw an article from Bend today that their store opens February 1st. Chad Drive (Eugene) was not being worked on when I was there in October, at least from what I could see. Salem is one of the few WinCo didn’t pick up (probably because WinCo was already nearby) and it’s a Coastal now.
The Salem Shopko was actually in the same shopping center, right next door to WinCo.