New WinCo private label program?

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

New WinCo private label program?

Post by Super S »

On my last couple visits to WinCo, I have noticed that they have replaced the Hy-Top brand with the WinCo brand on things like milk and bottled gallons of drinking water. I am curious if the Hy-Top brand is being phased out altogether in favor of the WinCo brand, possibly due to the fact that WinCo is starting to enter new areas. WinCo is growing enough that a private label with their own brand may be feasible.
storewanderer

Re: New WinCo private label program?

Post by storewanderer »

It looks like it is some sort of a timed roll out. I see it on a few new items every couple weeks when I visit WinCo. I don't see it on any canned goods yet but it is popping up all over: bread, cheese, frozen whip topping, milk, water, some other things that escape memory. It is a good move for them, they are large enough, why keep using a third party? This allows them to better control the quality and mix of their private label line.

It will be interesting to see if they replace some of the vague "brands" they have been carrying with this new private label. I've never heard of Santiam Canned Vegetables or Polar (product of CHINA) Canned Pears/Peaches/Fruit Cocktail, until WinCo.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote:It will be interesting to see if they replace some of the vague "brands" they have been carrying with this new private label. I've never heard of Santiam Canned Vegetables or Polar (product of CHINA) Canned Pears/Peaches/Fruit Cocktail, until WinCo.
I've seen the Polar label here in NY, although the fruit is in glass jars, rather than cans. It looks to be based in California (corporate wise, anyhow).
Super S

Post by Super S »

Santiam is a brand from Oregon. Their products are carried by Fred Meyer as well as several other chains that have locations in the Pacific Northwest.