Kroger adds "Fresh Cart" icon to Kroger logo, banner logos

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: New Kroger logo?

Post by HCal »

This week's Foods Co circular.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: New Kroger logo?

Post by rwsandiego »

I noticed the little cart on Ralph's and Fry's self-checkout screens over the weekend.
BreakingThrough
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Kroger adds "Fresh Cart" icon to Kroger logo, banner logos

Post by BreakingThrough »

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... -part-logo

I happened to read about this on a design blog I follow: Kroger is rolling out a new icon called "Fresh Cart" that will become part of the Kroger logo. It will also be tacked on to every store banner logo as in the image below.

In its PR language, Kroger says the move is to, among other things, "unite the brands." But such a move is also common before a wide-scale rebranding to the parent name. I personally don't think Kroger will rebrand all banners...but the addition of the new icon makes it very easy for them to do so quickly and easily should they choose to do so.
Attachments
kroger_revisited_freshcart_3.png
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Kroger adds "Fresh Cart" icon to Kroger logo, banner logos

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

This topic is already being discussed in the Southwest/Hawaii forum.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

I wonder why they don't apply this "Fresh Cart" to Harris Teeter? I'm surprised that the Harris Teeter brand has even kept it's label design! I know that when Fred Meyer was Krogerized, they kept the Fred Meyer logo on many of the products for a long time but the overall design of the label was Kroger. They could have done the same to Harris Teeter!
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I suspect Kroger has long wanted to rebrand everything to Kroger (and likely eliminate all non-food departments from Fred Meyer as well.) If this actually happened I would never shop there again.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Expect them to start “Krogerizing” the various store names (similar font style-different colors maybe)
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

Brian Lutz wrote: September 17th, 2021, 2:02 pm I suspect Kroger has long wanted to rebrand everything to Kroger (and likely eliminate all non-food departments from Fred Meyer as well.) If this actually happened I would never shop there again.
Kroger has a number of Fred Meyer "lite" Marketplace stores scattered throughout the country. While food is the focus I don't think they'll completely eliminate non food. Heck, Aldi has an aisle of non food in their smallish stores.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

jamcool wrote: September 17th, 2021, 4:21 pm Expect them to start “Krogerizing” the various store names (similar font style-different colors maybe)
Ruler Foods logo should be the first. It would certainly look better (not to mention make more sense) than what they use now. Fry's could also use an update. That logo has been in use since the 1960's.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: September 17th, 2021, 6:59 pm
jamcool wrote: September 17th, 2021, 4:21 pm Expect them to start “Krogerizing” the various store names (similar font style-different colors maybe)
Ruler Foods logo should be the first. It would certainly look better (not to mention make more sense) than what they use now. Fry's could also use an update. That logo has been in use since the 1960's.
I strongly disagree with getting rid of the old logos, they have a lot of character. But these logos especially Dillons, Frys, and King Soopers - do look - very dated. Ralphs logo looks classic yet does not come off as dated to me.

I think the cart logo looks best next to Metro Market.