Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by wnetmacman »

I went to my local Albertsons this morning in Lafayette, LA. First thing I saw on the way in was a sign asking to pardon the mess. Walking further in, all the very recent LLC decor is gone, being painted over. Has anyone else noticed this in their old LLC stores? Is that decor (which to me was somewhat dated when it was new) on the way out?
klkla

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by klkla »

What are they replacing it with?
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

klkla wrote: October 14th, 2017, 9:47 am What are they replacing it with?
The remodel isn't far enough along to know. Right now they've just spackled over the old wall signage and started priming and reworking drywall.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by architect »

wnetmacman wrote: October 14th, 2017, 8:48 am I went to my local Albertsons this morning in Lafayette, LA. First thing I saw on the way in was a sign asking to pardon the mess. Walking further in, all the very recent LLC decor is gone, being painted over. Has anyone else noticed this in their old LLC stores? Is that decor (which to me was somewhat dated when it was new) on the way out?
In DFW, multiple Albertsons stores which have been renovated as recently as a couple of months ago have retained their LLC decor (in addition to one store in Euless which received an new LLC decor upgrade in response to a newly renovated Kroger at the same intersection). However, if I remember correctly, there were reports of Albertsons stores in the SoCal receiving both Colorful Lifestyle and Florida Decor which were reacquired from Haggen, so really anything is possible. This would be a huge stretch, but could they possibly be converting to the Safeway banner, similar to the Florida stores (and like Florida, Louisiana has no recent ties to Safeway)?

Also, which store format is the location in question?
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

architect wrote: October 14th, 2017, 11:29 am Also, which store format is the location in question?
Lafayette has four stores:
The store in question is on Johnston. It's the oldest store in town; it was a former Skaggs Albertsons, and was expanded in the late 90's.
Another store on Ambassador Caffrey is a late 80s store.
The remaining two (further north on Ambassador Caffrey and Broussard) are the late 90's/early 2000 units. Both had Theme Park decor.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

This might help with location:
https://goo.gl/maps/ou7E7ipnnBT2
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

architect wrote: October 14th, 2017, 11:29 am
wnetmacman wrote: October 14th, 2017, 8:48 am I went to my local Albertsons this morning in Lafayette, LA. First thing I saw on the way in was a sign asking to pardon the mess. Walking further in, all the very recent LLC decor is gone, being painted over. Has anyone else noticed this in their old LLC stores? Is that decor (which to me was somewhat dated when it was new) on the way out?
In DFW, multiple Albertsons stores which have been renovated as recently as a couple of months ago have retained their LLC decor (in addition to one store in Euless which received an new LLC decor upgrade in response to a newly renovated Kroger at the same intersection). However, if I remember correctly, there were reports of Albertsons stores in the SoCal receiving both Colorful Lifestyle and Florida Decor which were reacquired from Haggen, so really anything is possible. This would be a huge stretch, but could they possibly be converting to the Safeway banner, similar to the Florida stores (and like Florida, Louisiana has no recent ties to Safeway)?

Albertsons stores in Louisiana (I've heard) were switched over to Safeway (essentially) when it was combined with Houston (which was a SWY program). I don't think they'll switch over the name, but it looks like the format has already been changed, so they might be getting the brown decor.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

architect wrote: October 14th, 2017, 11:29 am

Aliso Viejo received the Colorful Lifestyle" interior. But remember, "Colorful Lifestyle" was first unveiled at a Shaws before the merger.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

It also demonstrates a commitment to remain in that market if they are remodeling...
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

storewanderer wrote: October 14th, 2017, 11:27 pm It also demonstrates a commitment to remain in that market if they are remodeling...
It could also demonstrate desperation to stay in the market. Sometimes operators remodel to try to gain business. I personally don't normally shop there because pricing isn't good and it is too far compared to stores that are more competitive. I know since the LLC remodels, business has gone down here.