Kroger and creepy PA Announcements

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Kroger and creepy PA Announcements

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: October 6th, 2019, 7:17 pm
storewanderer wrote: September 28th, 2019, 4:32 pm Previously at Safeway the receipt would print as the song was playing.

...But I seriously do not understand what this Toshiba is doing with this song playing and delaying the transaction processing time...
Today at Safeway for the first time ever, I had to hear this little tune as my receipt printed. What's that about?!?
Figure out how to get it to not do this at Safeway?

At Kroger I shut off the volume to successfully avoid this.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I made a quick stop at Fred Meyer tonight and heard the self-checkout music as I paid cash and it processed my change. I wonder what other annoyances they have up their sleeve now....
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:01 pm
SamSpade wrote: October 6th, 2019, 7:17 pm
storewanderer wrote: September 28th, 2019, 4:32 pm Previously at Safeway the receipt would print as the song was playing.

...But I seriously do not understand what this Toshiba is doing with this song playing and delaying the transaction processing time...
Today at Safeway for the first time ever, I had to hear this little tune as my receipt printed. What's that about?!?
Figure out how to get it to not do this at Safeway?

At Kroger I shut off the volume to successfully avoid this.
Not yet. However, I stopped at both Safeway and Fry's this evening and it seemed like the receipt printing process (and, therefore, the silly music) took less time at Safeway.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I heard the jingle in question last night at a recently remodeled Fred Meyer store. It didn't seem to make the transaction take any longer than usual, and was quiet enough that I don't think it was too big an issue. It's probably unnecessary, but if it wasn't there you'd probably be getting the "Thank you for shopping at X" spiel there anyway.