Changes at Kroger?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Changes at Kroger?

Post by storewanderer »

Appears there are some changes taking place at Kroger these days:

Based on the messages people seem to be reporting in from most of the divisions about this.

Interesting timing right before the holidays. All those digital money pits must really be bleeding cash badly for this sort of thing to be necessary at this time. I will be curious to see how this impacts their Smiths operation in my area, which has been very well managed in recent years (compared to a decade ago). Given how they have done so many other things implemented from the Kroger Corporate to screw things up (price increases, weird zone pricing on certain perishables, no Visa card acceptance, lousy quality perishables due to poor programs that Kroger Corporate is pushing out rather than letting divisions handle these things) I guess this is just the icing on the cake.

https://www.thelayoff.com/kroger

Maybe Albertsons can pick some good people up out of this.
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Re: Changes at Kroger?

Post by 1111072036 »

I seen the Reddit post.

Anyway, I personally don’t know how to feel about this but I think Rodney McMullen has made too many missteps (Restock Kroger) and should be let go himself.

A couple of people mentioned that Mid-Atlantic (my old division) lost a lot of management positions, themselves. That’s not good, especially in markets like Richmond where they have high profile competition.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Changes at Kroger?

Post by CalItalian »

Kroger To Lay Off Hundreds, As Questions Linger About Turnaround Plan Linger https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/02/kroger- ... -plan.html