Kroger sharing its COVID19 knowledge

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Kroger sharing its COVID19 knowledge

Post by SamSpade »

While Walmart and most stores have a consumer facing page about COVID19 changes, Kroger is going one step further. As they operate in so many settings (retail / warehouse / manufacturing / logistics), this could be useful to a number of other companies.

Good to see a little goodwill out of them.
https://www.thekrogerco.com/blueprint/
storewanderer

Re: Kroger sharing its COVID19 knowledge

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: May 1st, 2020, 10:35 pm While Walmart and most stores have a consumer facing page about COVID19 changes, Kroger is going one step further. As they operate in so many settings (retail / warehouse / manufacturing / logistics), this could be useful to a number of other companies.

Good to see a little goodwill out of them.
https://www.thekrogerco.com/blueprint/
I find it ironic Kroger does all this yet refuses to even enable Contactless credit card payment in its stores via NFC like all the other grocers do. They say they have Kroger Pay with their app as a Contactless Pay option. Well, not at Smiths. Not at Fred Meyer as of last year.

It is great their efforts to put all this together and it is an excellent level of detail. But they really need to get with the rest of the industry on Contactless payment and adopt the global standard of NFC.

Also they need to mention that reusable bags should only be allowed if local areas allow them. Smiths in my area has banned them and has signs posted, and this is consistent with other stores in my area due to an order from the health department.