Statement by Albertsons Cos. CEO on June 2020 events

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Statement by Albertsons Cos. CEO on June 2020 events

Post by SamSpade »

If this is too political, I understand (or if it needs to move to the thread on stores and looting) -

I felt Vivek's words were very kind and I hope that more diversity can continue to be a part of higher level positions at The Albertsons Companies.

https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/new ... ciple.html

(Includes *every* logo / operating nameplate)

Shared via the Albertsons Instagram account.
klkla

Re: Statement by Albertsons Cos. CEO on June 2020 events

Post by klkla »

It's a nice statement. A lot of companies are doing the same thing. Looting aside, the protests have been successful in bringing the problem of racism back into the public conversation. Hopefully some real changes will occur as a result.
storewanderer

Re: Statement by Albertsons Cos. CEO on June 2020 events

Post by storewanderer »

klkla wrote: June 5th, 2020, 8:20 pm It's a nice statement. A lot of companies are doing the same thing. Looting aside, the protests have been successful in bringing the problem of racism back into the public conversation. Hopefully some real changes will occur as a result.
Bringing that discussion back happens like clockwork every 4 years then crickets after, and has for at least the past 20 years. Eventually it will reach a point of a boil over as the conflict is intensifying. Based on events earlier this week I really felt like the boiling over point was coming later this week, but it has been more quiet the past few days. We will see what happens in the coming days as I still think there is a likelihood it will boil over.

Most companies have made statements. Wal Mart has committed many millions to a diversity effort. We will see what type of action results from that in a few years. Statements are nice but action is better.