Albertsons Ending Printed Ads?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Albertsons Ending Printed Ads?

Post by Bagels »

I stopped by the Albertsons in Santa Ana this evening. They had printed ads. Must be a store by store decision...
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

BillyGr wrote: March 21st, 2021, 11:56 am The CVS thing must be only in some areas - we still get their ads in the newspaper and they always have them in the stores. Walgreens did stop printing ads here.

CVS is an interesting case in regards to being in the paper. We used to have three stores locally and now only have the one left in Gloversville. After that, the next closest ones are in the Saratoga area. They haven't had a circular in the local paper in years yet still have them in the store. And to take this further-Walgreen's no longer has a circular in the paper either. Rite-Aid still does but I've noticed it's gotten a lot thinner lately.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Since June 2020, ads in my area (Menifee) have been delivered bundled in plastic on my driveway every Tuesday or Wednesday (lately Tuesday only). My area was one of the first to get this. This replaced ads delivered by the USPS. I got a notice twice before this occured.

As for Vons/Albertsons, they still print an ad. Still available in store. Two stores in my area, Corona South (Temescal Valley) and Sun City (Menifee) recently had remodels and each store had their own store specific expanded ad for 4 weeks.

CVS still publishes printed ads. They're available at the store entrance. They announced they would no longer be available in the Sunday newspaper starting at the end of January 2021.

Vons, Albertsons, Pavilions digital ad previews are available at 12 Midnight early Tuesday morning online. Each Albertsons division is available at 12 Midnight local time early Tuesday morning across the nation.
CVS digital ad previews start on Friday for Sunday.
Ralphs digital ad preview starts at 9 pm Monday night on their website but not the app.
Stater Bros. digital ad preview starts the same time as Vons, Albertsons, Pavilions.
Aldi's actual digital ad doesn't post online until after the local store closes on Tuesday night for Wednesday.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Here's the notification about the change in CVS ad distribution. All the coupon websites reported on it.
https://www.iheartcvs.com/2021/01/cvs-s ... inted.html
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 9:51 am
BillyGr wrote: March 21st, 2021, 11:56 am The CVS thing must be only in some areas - we still get their ads in the newspaper and they always have them in the stores. Walgreens did stop printing ads here.

CVS is an interesting case in regards to being in the paper. We used to have three stores locally and now only have the one left in Gloversville. After that, the next closest ones are in the Saratoga area. They haven't had a circular in the local paper in years yet still have them in the store. And to take this further-Walgreen's no longer has a circular in the paper either. Rite-Aid still does but I've noticed it's gotten a lot thinner lately.
Not surprising - we no longer get the Rite Aid ones in the paper either with a similar situation (that the ones closest by were converted to Walgreens, though there are still some not too far off). The Walgreens thing seems to be universal as to not printing ads (not even having copies in the stores) unlike the other two.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

CalItalian wrote: March 24th, 2021, 11:33 pm Since June 2020, ads in my area (Menifee) have been delivered bundled in plastic on my driveway every Tuesday or Wednesday (lately Tuesday only). My area was one of the first to get this. This replaced ads delivered by the USPS. I got a notice twice before this occured.

As for Vons/Albertsons, they still print an ad. Still available in store. Two stores in my area, Corona South (Temescal Valley) and Sun City (Menifee) recently had remodels and each store had their own store specific expanded ad for 4 weeks.

CVS still publishes printed ads. They're available at the store entrance. They announced they would no longer be available in the Sunday newspaper starting at the end of January 2021.

Vons, Albertsons, Pavilions digital ad previews are available at 12 Midnight early Tuesday morning online. Each Albertsons division is available at 12 Midnight local time early Tuesday morning across the nation.
Ralphs digital ad preview starts at 9 pm Monday night on their website but not the app.
Stater Bros. digital ad preview starts the same time as Vons, Albertsons, Pavilions.
Aldi's actual digital ad doesn't post online until after the local store closes on Tuesday night for Wednesday.
Thank you for your detained post!

While Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions is indeed continuing to print weekly ads, some stores are no longer carrying them. The Newport Coast Pavilions didn’t have ads last week, and didn’t have them yesterday; instead, there was a notice directly you to view the ad on the app or website. Perhaps Albertsons is monitoring the number of ads shipped to stores vs. the number disposed.

For clarification, in SoCal, as you mentioned, RedPlum (which distributes the weekly grocery ads) switched from the USPS to contracted newspapers for delivery of its weekly ad packages. In Orange County, it’s now being included in an offshoot of the Register that contains a weekly community newspaper and various ads (most of which have disappeared through the years). In Irvine, that newspaper is considered litter due to the volume they were abandoned (not picked up by the recipients). Hence, I no longer get it.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Bagels wrote: March 26th, 2021, 10:37 am
CalItalian wrote: March 24th, 2021, 11:33 pm Since June 2020, ads in my area (Menifee) have been delivered bundled in plastic on my driveway every Tuesday or Wednesday (lately Tuesday only). My area was one of the first to get this. This replaced ads delivered by the USPS. I got a notice twice before this occured.

Thank you for your detained post!

While Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions is indeed continuing to print weekly ads, some stores are no longer carrying them. The Newport Coast Pavilions didn’t have ads last week, and didn’t have them yesterday; instead, there was a notice directly you to view the ad on the app or website. Perhaps Albertsons is monitoring the number of ads shipped to stores vs. the number disposed.

For clarification, in SoCal, as you mentioned, RedPlum (which distributes the weekly grocery ads) switched from the USPS to contracted newspapers for delivery of its weekly ad packages. In Orange County, it’s now being included in an offshoot of the Register that contains a weekly community newspaper and various ads (most of which have disappeared through the years). In Irvine, that newspaper is considered litter due to the volume they were abandoned (not picked up by the recipients). Hence, I no longer get it.
BTW, it's now known as Save.com. RedPlum became RetailMeNot and that's now changed to Save.com https://couponsinthenews.com/2020/01/13 ... s-with-it/