Whole Foods Now Accepting Amazon Returns

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Whole Foods Now Accepting Amazon Returns

Post by J-Man »

Another option in addition to Kohl's.
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/custo ... ce16a00000
Alpha8472

Re: Whole Foods Now Accepting Amazon Returns

Post by Alpha8472 »

This will negatively affect Kohl's. When I returned at Kohl's, they gave me a coupon for a discount off a purchase. It really makes you want to buy something. There was quite a line for Amazon returns. Now their sales will go down.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I think it depends on the area. there are a number of Whole Foods locations here which are fairly close to existing Kohl's locations, but there are a lot of other Kohl's locations that don't have a Whole Foods anywhere near them. There's a Kohl's a couple of miles from our house that we make most of our returns to, and I find that the coupons have a lot of exclusions on them, which makes them useless for most Kohl's purchases I'd otherwise use one on.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

My Whole Foods has had a staffed Amazon order pickup and return area for quite sometime. This maybe new to your store but they have been doing this for a while
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

babs wrote: June 14th, 2021, 5:38 pm My Whole Foods has had a staffed Amazon order pickup and return area for quite sometime. This maybe new to your store but they have been doing this for a while

I was about to say, I returned something to my nearest Whole Foods a few months ago (and it was the first time I have ever been in a Whole Foods in my life). More convenient to me than my nearest Kohl's.
mjhale
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by mjhale »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 14th, 2021, 3:30 pm This will negatively affect Kohl's. When I returned at Kohl's, they gave me a coupon for a discount off a purchase. It really makes you want to buy something. There was quite a line for Amazon returns. Now their sales will go down.
I'm curious how many people actually buy anything at Kohl's when making an Amazon return. A friend of mine returned something for Amazon at Kohl's in the last month. As Brian Lutz said the exclusions on the Kohl's coupon he got made it useless for anything he'd be buying at Kohl's.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

mjhale wrote: June 14th, 2021, 6:59 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: June 14th, 2021, 3:30 pm This will negatively affect Kohl's. When I returned at Kohl's, they gave me a coupon for a discount off a purchase. It really makes you want to buy something. There was quite a line for Amazon returns. Now their sales will go down.
I'm curious how many people actually buy anything at Kohl's when making an Amazon return. A friend of mine returned something for Amazon at Kohl's in the last month. As Brian Lutz said the exclusions on the Kohl's coupon he got made it useless for anything he'd be buying at Kohl's.
My guess is Kohl's customers who have an Amazon return will shop there after making the return. Someone like me or your friend, who doesn't shop there, won't. Said a different way, this probably won't hurt them.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I don't know. In Reno/Sparks/Carson City there are 4 strategically placed Kohl's within about a 15 minute drive of just about anyone in the area. There is one Whole Foods that is a lot more than 15 minutes from many people. I think it just provides another option for returns. Amazon continues to grow marketshare. With that growth comes more returns. They need more outlets to process returns as their volumes increase.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: June 15th, 2021, 12:36 am I don't know. In Reno/Sparks/Carson City there are 4 strategically placed Kohl's within about a 15 minute drive of just about anyone in the area. There is one Whole Foods that is a lot more than 15 minutes from many people. I think it just provides another option for returns. Amazon continues to grow marketshare. With that growth comes more returns. They need more outlets to process returns as their volumes increase.
Agree 100%

There are also plenty of places where there's a Kohls and no Whole Foods and where there are Whole Foods stores and no Kohls. Think Manhattan (no Kohls), Chicago's lakefront (several Whole Foods while the Kohls is a few miles away and requires a car, but by big, densely-packed, traffic-congested, transit-oriented city neighborhood standards might as well be Iowa), and LA (similar to Chicago, but not so transit-dependent).

Also, The UPS Store has been accepting Amazon returns for at least the last four or five years.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Detroit as well--WF downtown, but closest Kohl's 14 miles away.