Martha Stewart at...Kroger?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Martha Stewart at...Kroger?

Post by rwsandiego »

Yesterday I stopped into the Fry's Signature Marketplace in Paradise Valley and saw Martha Stewart home items. They had towels, some kitchen gadgets, and tabletop items. Although I don't care for some of the colors, the items looked to be of good quality and design.

Has anyone else seen this brand in other Kroger banners?
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Martha Stewart at...Kroger?

Post by babs »

rwsandiego wrote: August 1st, 2021, 9:13 am Yesterday I stopped into the Fry's Signature Marketplace in Paradise Valley and saw Martha Stewart home items. They had towels, some kitchen gadgets, and tabletop items. Although I don't care for some of the colors, the items looked to be of good quality and design.

Has anyone else seen this brand in other Kroger banners?
I've seen some Martha Stewart stuff at the Walker Road Fred Meyer. They have a new layout for the home.department and Martha Stewart is featured on one of the new displays.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Her dinnerware and serveware first appeared at Kroger in November 2020.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I noticed some of this at Fred Meyer as well. It looked quite a bit more put together than the mish mash of brands of home merchandise they have been selling the past few years. Hopefully this will be successful.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 4:49 pm Her dinnerware and serveware first appeared at Kroger in November 2020.
Thanks. I hadn't seen it at Fry's before. Last time I looked at the home department (which might have been late last year), they were still selling "Dash of That" as well as some Gibson-branded merchandise.

FWIW, the knife is great. Solid handle with a nice grip. Wish they had other types of knives. I'd definitely buy them.

PS: read the fine print on the package my paring knife came in says it is made for Gibson under license from Martha Stewart.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

I noticed last night that Kroger is now selling Martha Stewart-branded frozen entrees. They’re about the same weight as a typical frozen entree, but sell for up to $7.99 at Ralph’s. I’ll pass :).

Meanwhile, they’ve purged quite a few Kroger-branded frozen goods. The deli sandwhiches were quite good and a great deal at $2.50 each. Sad to see them go!
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Had a friend who worked in soft furnishings for awhile (patio furniture cushions, actually). She worked on the vendor side as well as for about 18 months at WalMart in Bentonville. She said that: say what you will about Martha Stewart, MSLO (Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia) kept very tight reins on the production, design and quality of their goods--and in experience (both during the KMart years and later) that has seemed true---the MSL stuff seems to be quite well produced and stylish.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Much of our kitchenware is Martha Stewart branded. It was purchased at bargain prices from K-Mart roughly 20 years ago . It’s held up extremely well, is very stylish and gets lots of compliments.

But I still have no interest in paying $8 for a MS branded frozen entree.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Update- the meals are available at Albertsons as we, so they’re not a Kroger exclusive.