Kroger adds "Fresh Cart" icon to Kroger logo, banner logos

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Re: New Kroger logo?

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: September 8th, 2021, 5:51 pm Kroger is simply lost.

Terrible quality bakery/deli, produce and meat that can look fantastic one day and terrible the next day in the exact same store- a POS system in all but one division that still can't (won't?) accept Contactless Payments, and what are they focusing on? A new logo.

Wow.

Also, the new logo is not applied at Harris Teeter, QFC, Food 4 Less, FoodsCo. I am surprised to see it being applied at Fred Meyer but maybe that isn't a surprise.

The new logo looks really weird next to things like the classic looking Dillons logo or the classic looking King Soopers logo- those are already logos in themselves. It looks okay but completely pointless next to Smiths bland letters I guess. Smiths has never much of a logo.
Kroger is lost with Fred Meyer. The "Fresh for Everyone" slogan makes no sense on the GM side. They seem to be focused on the grocery end only while the GM side is slowly dying off. Limiting merchandise, limiting staffing, and doors locked earlier than the grocery end. I wouldn't be surprised at some point if these stores get split up and somebody else takes over the GM portions of the stores.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

I imagine the various store names will adopt the Kroger-style font (which is what happened in the 60s when Kroger bought Wyatt in Texas)
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Isn't it pretty much what Albertson's did (with their leaf) at all the stores they are connected to?
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by BatteryMill »

jamcool wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:33 am I imagine the various store names will adopt the Kroger-style font (which is what happened in the 60s when Kroger bought Wyatt in Texas)
Krambo and Henke-Pillot also adopted this font style. Alas, all three chains were absorbed into mainline Kroger within a few years after their respective buyouts. They seem to be trying this again with this other brand they have, and now this.
storewanderer wrote: September 8th, 2021, 10:34 pm They could have just thrown a little Kroger logo up next to the Ralphs, etc. logos... given most everything in the store is already Kroger brand... and the stores are run to a modern day Kroger standard... which is not the same standard as Ralphs ran at 20 years ago.

Kind of reminds me of the Ahold Fruit Bowl logo. I prefer the Ahold one- more color.
I think Kroger's attempt is more creative, going along with their storied logo. Ahold just took everything and started anew.

Terrible quality bakery/deli, produce and meat that can look fantastic one day and terrible the next day in the exact same store- a POS system in all but one division that still can't (won't?) accept Contactless Payments, and what are they focusing on? A new logo.

Wow.

Also, the new logo is not applied at Harris Teeter, QFC, Food 4 Less, FoodsCo. I am surprised to see it being applied at Fred Meyer but maybe that isn't a surprise.

The new logo looks really weird next to things like the classic looking Dillons logo or the classic looking King Soopers logo- those are already logos in themselves. It looks okay but completely pointless next to Smiths bland letters I guess. Smiths has never much of a logo.
Harris Teeter still has some decent autonomy, QFC not sure but probably more upscale, F4L has a rather unique identity too. Fred Meyer has some regular grocery stores on the level of your average Kroger too.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

BillyGr wrote: September 9th, 2021, 12:06 pm Isn't it pretty much what Albertson's did (with their leaf) at all the stores they are connected to?
Albertsons got burned in the 90s by wiping out the Lucky brand in CA, they have since decided to leave the current store names alone, along with separate ad campaigns (which is what Kroger used to do.)
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

BillyGr wrote: September 9th, 2021, 12:06 pm Isn't it pretty much what Albertson's did (with their leaf) at all the stores they are connected to?
The leaf has all but disappeared from Jewel-Osco, where it only appeared in the décor and not in the logo, save for a handful of stores that haven't been remodeled out of PFH and the LLC-like décor. I think the same is true for Acme and Shaw's/Star. In fact, under LLC Jewel-Osco's and Acme's logos were modified to pay homage to the oval and fisheye, respectively.

I checked the Mariano's website and it does not have the little cart next to the name. It actually looks good with Pick 'n' Save. The others - not so much.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I did not see this new logo anywhere in-store at Smiths. It isn't on the signs, name tags, bags, or other locations where you would expect to see it show up.

Not even on the logo on the receipt.

Maybe they just came up with it a few weeks ago and need more time.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

storewanderer wrote: September 9th, 2021, 11:06 pm I did not see this new logo anywhere in-store at Smiths. It isn't on the signs, name tags, bags, or other locations where you would expect to see it show up.

It will be in the future
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

jamcool wrote: September 10th, 2021, 12:02 am
storewanderer wrote: September 9th, 2021, 11:06 pm I did not see this new logo anywhere in-store at Smiths. It isn't on the signs, name tags, bags, or other locations where you would expect to see it show up.

It will be in the future
I remember when they applied that odd common logo to the c-stores. They did apply it pretty quickly.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

BatteryMill wrote: September 9th, 2021, 3:49 pm
jamcool wrote: September 9th, 2021, 9:33 am I imagine the various store names will adopt the Kroger-style font (which is what happened in the 60s when Kroger bought Wyatt in Texas)
Krambo and Henke-Pillot also adopted this font style. Alas, all three chains were absorbed into mainline Kroger within a few years after their respective buyouts. They seem to be trying this again with this other brand they have, and now this.
storewanderer wrote: September 8th, 2021, 10:34 pm They could have just thrown a little Kroger logo up next to the Ralphs, etc. logos... given most everything in the store is already Kroger brand... and the stores are run to a modern day Kroger standard... which is not the same standard as Ralphs ran at 20 years ago.

Kind of reminds me of the Ahold Fruit Bowl logo. I prefer the Ahold one- more color.
I think Kroger's attempt is more creative, going along with their storied logo. Ahold just took everything and started anew.

Wow.

Harris Teeter still has some decent autonomy, QFC not sure but probably more upscale, F4L has a rather unique identity too. Fred Meyer has some regular grocery stores on the level of your average Kroger too.
AdWeek has an article on the new symbol. Every Kroger brand is getting it. Even QFC, Harris Teeter, and F4L. I think they are going to use it to educate the public that their neighborhood Ralphs, Fred Meyer, etc. Is really a Kroger store, then later change the name.

They have that initiative where they're delivering in Florida despite not having a single store there, and it sounds like if that's successful they would continue to grow it out where they don't have a retail footprint. Hard to pick a name to use where you don't have a store. Hence the long term need for a single brand.

I was surprised to see it on the F4L format - but then remembered that they phased out similar stores in Las Vegas already and converted the ones they wanted to keep into Smith's. So maybe this is foreshadowing further elimination someday of F4L, Rvler, etc

This probably should be moved to the non region specific category.