Flashback! and a note on Kroger marketing

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Flashback! and a note on Kroger marketing

Post by SamSpade »

OK, so this is meant to be a light-hearted thread
(warning, link audio may be NSFW based on song)
1) Gwen Stefani cut a song called "Hollaback Girl" in 2005. The video's been remastered to HD and starting with the scene embedded here, has some cuts that are in in a 2005 Safeway (pre-"lifestyle"). I'm surprised they didn't use that independent that everyone seems to film with in Los Angeles.

2) Kroger's new marketing firm has decided (for whatever reason!) that this is another good pop song to use in their marketing. I don't understand why you would want to mention *poop emoji* in relation to your produce, but I do see how it could be an appealing throwback for "ancient millennials" that now have children, babies, pets etc. of their own.1

1 As a reminder, Millennials are generally classified as those born from approximately 1980 - 1994.
storewanderer

Re: Flashback! and a note on Kroger marketing

Post by storewanderer »

Based on my quality experiences with the produce at Kroger sometimes (especially the berries at Smiths that come out of the Utah warehouse- yes I am going to call it out- terrible- and this has been going on for years now).... I'll just not say anything else.

To be fair Smiths produce is just fine for most vegetables, apples, bananas.