Smart & Final Extra replaces Western Family with Equaline

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Smart & Final Extra replaces Western Family with Equaline

Post by storewanderer »

In the Reno SF Extra tonight, I noticed their lone few Western Family items (epson salt, peroxide, alcohol) were gone and in their place was a full shelf of the same items in Equaline. No shelf tags were up for the Equaline items so I couldn't figure out if they were coming from Unified or from Smart & Final's distribution. If I saw a shelf tag, I could tell the source.

Anyone know what is going on here? Is Smart & Final now ordering from SVU? Is Unified ordering drug from SVU?

Also, the receipt at Smart & Final Extra no longer is inviting the customer to take a survey about the "Extra" format. This was a pretty good survey where they asked a lot of questions about the format, what you bought, what you would like to see, how often you visited, etc. They were asking pretty pointed questions. The entire bottom of the receipt is completely blank; no loyalty card or savings message, no thank you, and no survey information is printing anymore. The only thing that still prints on the bottom of the receipt is the store phone number.