Integration of Albertsons and Safeway

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
pseudo3d

Re: Integration of Albertsons and Safeway

Post by pseudo3d »

Super S wrote: December 21st, 2018, 9:38 pm
ScottyD0ES wrote: December 21st, 2018, 1:09 pm
storewanderer wrote: September 11th, 2018, 8:35 pm Meanwhile back at the farm, NorCal just finished doing an expansion and remodel to its store in Tahoe City, CA. Old Lifestyle 2.0 decor again. The store now has a cement floor, throughout, though.

Maybe you wouldn't even call it a remodel but just an expansion. And then the old decor continued in the expanded area.
The polished concrete floors are becoming more and more common throughout the company.
In addition to newly built stores, remodeled stores are also getting tiles removed and going for the polished look too.
The only caveat is, you are going to see every floor cut (think surgical scars) from previous remodels or refrigerator case installs.
But, from what I've seen, it adds character. Haha.
In other words, they are doing what Fred Meyer has been doing with the floors on most of their remodels the past few years. I have yet to see a polished floor conversion which resulted in a better looking floor though..
In the case of Kroger I often see tile scars, depending on the way light hits it. My hometown H-E-B has always had a concrete floor but you can see where they've had to dig up the floor for remodels and rearrangements.
ScottyD0ES
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by ScottyD0ES »

"Signature SELECT: Refreshe" 12 pack sodas
get a refreshing new label.
Attachments
B80B8363-072C-4EA0-A11A-7B92D62F57E6.jpeg
C8A2140D-5C89-4C5D-A535-E31F0B454151.jpeg
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Is the Refreshe wording gone?

I guess this will impact the unsweertened seltzer too. I wonder if they will eliminate the "Soleil by Refreshe" seltzer (same thing as Refresh seltzer but not always the same price).
ScottyD0ES
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by ScottyD0ES »

storewanderer wrote: December 27th, 2018, 6:15 pm Is the Refreshe wording gone?

I guess this will impact the unsweertened seltzer too. I wonder if they will eliminate the "Soleil by Refreshe" seltzer (same thing as Refresh seltzer but not always the same price).
Yeah, it looks like Refreshe is out. In an attempt to unify the branding across all products and banners.
A while ago I noticed both Soleil 12 packs, Refreshe 24 pack, and 32 pack water getting the addiction of the Signature Select price tag logo to its packaging.
My take: The slight variation to the packaging was a transition move to ease into the new Signature Select label.
Also, sparkling water is a big category right now. I don’t think Soleil is going anywhere (terrible name in my opinion)
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

Soleil in this market is labeled as Signature Select and Soleil. Also, it is delicious but more expensive because you get 8 for the price of 12 in most cases.
ScottyD0ES
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by ScottyD0ES »

ScottyD0ES wrote: December 28th, 2018, 9:26 am

A while ago I noticed both Soleil 12 packs, Refreshe 24 pack, and 32 pack water getting the addition of the Signature Select price tag logo to its packaging.
Attachments
FE31D03A-1B73-4B86-8D72-C6CBFA8307FA.jpeg
0AF46435-1D4F-4BB0-9860-32C9A823B93D.jpeg
BBA0D612-3A60-4CDC-8AAD-BD46C065B761.jpeg
ScottyD0ES
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by ScottyD0ES »

Anyone been into
Andronicos Community Market
California,
After Safeway picked them up about a year ago?

I'd love to see which areas they've "adapted" to fit that store's existing standards,
while still keeping with the ABSCO business model.
Attachments
14A64C5E-4C43-44BD-858A-F99C34FB075D.jpeg
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: December 28th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Soleil in this market is labeled as Signature Select and Soleil. Also, it is delicious but more expensive because you get 8 for the price of 12 in most cases.
Maybe something changed. The Soleils I bought last summer were in 12packs and the Lime and Grapefruit ones seemed identical to Refreshe. I compared to some Refreshe I had on hand and it is made at the same plant and everything. Not like Kroger with its Kroger Seltzer made at a Kroger plant then some Simple Truth Organic (not sure how that works) Seltzers that are actually made in Canada.
MikeRa

Post by MikeRa »

ScottyD0ES wrote: December 28th, 2018, 9:26 am

Yeah, it looks like Refreshe is out. In an attempt to unify the branding across all products and banners.
A while ago I noticed both Soleil 12 packs, Refreshe 24 pack, and 32 pack water getting the addiction of the Signature Select price tag logo to its packaging.
My take: The slight variation to the packaging was a transition move to ease into the new Signature Select label.
Also, sparkling water is a big category right now. I don’t think Soleil is going anywhere (terrible name in my opinion)
At Acme, they have both the "Signature Select" and "Acme" names on the Spring Water bottles and packaging
SoCalShopper1023
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by SoCalShopper1023 »

I was reading some Yelp reviews on the Albertsons located on Hillhurst and Ambrose (Los Angeles). It looks like this store recently got a major remodel. After doing some research trying to figure out what decor package it received, it seems like it got the 'Florida Decor' package. I couldn't find any recent pictures on Yelp or Google, but I was able to get a few glimpses of the inside using the location search feature on Instagram.

I don't think I've seen an Albertsons bannered store getting this interior package before (at least not in Southern California).