Rite Aid Buys Bartell Drugs

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Rite Aid Buys Bartell Drugs

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 2:15 pm For that matter, don't prescription bottles have all the information needed (Doctor name, quantity, number of refills left, how long they are valid for)? They could just take your existing bottle and re-enter that into the system if it was otherwise misplaced, and would be easier than trying to get new ones for everyone.
There may be some sort of regulation that they need to have a record of the original prescription or a record of the call in and someone could fairly easily forge a prescription label...

Still, this is inexcusable. I have no idea how this happened but this is a big miss. Rite Aid needs to figure out how to fix this.

Rite Aid's operation keeps getting worse and worse, so I am not holding out much hope.
Super S
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Super S »

I seem to remember similar issues happening when Rite Aid took over PayLess Drug years ago.
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 9:11 pm I seem to remember similar issues happening when Rite Aid took over PayLess Drug years ago.
I am sure it is different now but years ago when a pharmacy closed and another pharmacy did the file buy, the records of the closed pharmacy by prescription number were literally burned onto a CD or some other sort of media and transferred over to the new pharmacy that bought the files. So it was a manual process each time the new pharmacy had to go in and retrieve the data on the script from the old pharmacy but it was a seamless process for the customer and doctor involved in most cases.
BillyGr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 2:21 pm
BillyGr wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 2:15 pm For that matter, don't prescription bottles have all the information needed (Doctor name, quantity, number of refills left, how long they are valid for)? They could just take your existing bottle and re-enter that into the system if it was otherwise misplaced, and would be easier than trying to get new ones for everyone.
There may be some sort of regulation that they need to have a record of the original prescription or a record of the call in and someone could fairly easily forge a prescription label...

Still, this is inexcusable. I have no idea how this happened but this is a big miss. Rite Aid needs to figure out how to fix this.

Rite Aid's operation keeps getting worse and worse, so I am not holding out much hope.
Though even if that is the case, they could take the existing label/bottle and use that information to contact the doctor's office to request a new copy be sent to them. Since THEY lost the first one, it shouldn't be YOUR job as the customer to fix it!
Alpha8472
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Alpha8472 »

Transferring prescription records from one pharmacy to another is either done by a phone call between 2 pharmacists or a fax. You could use printouts of prescription records or put those records on a secure cd or computer website.

Pharmacies cannot rely on labels on prescription bottles as they can be forged.

Pharmacies can contact the doctors for refills. It is just that Rite Aid is understaffed and Corporate does not staff enough employees to handle thousands of prescription transfers all at once. Local small chains are better staffed.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on May 24th, 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TW-Upstate NY
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 5:30 am Local small chains are better staffed.
You could say the same for some independents too. There's a small independent pharmacy in Johnstown, NY that has between 6-8 pharmacists on staff and they're always busy. Place has been around forever and has occupied the same corner location for decades. Those are the kind of places you want to bring your business to-not enough of them left.