Albertsons/Rite Aid Merger is off: What's next

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Albertsons/Rite Aid Merger is off: What's next

Post by storewanderer » January 26th, 2019, 12:31 am

I see now Rite Aid is looking at a reverse stock split in March due to the share price being below $1 and NYSE Rules.

Usually management would attempt to get the share price up in this kind of situation especially since it is already so close to $1...

I am trying to figure out if the management is working for the market short sellers or what...

Meanwhile the Rite Aid Stores I see in CA continue to be moving along just fine; clean, well stocked, friendly employees, good customer counts typically better than nearby CVS or Walgreens locations.

Super S
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Super S » January 26th, 2019, 7:34 am

storewanderer wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 12:31 am

Meanwhile the Rite Aid Stores I see in CA continue to be moving along just fine; clean, well stocked, friendly employees, good customer counts typically better than nearby CVS or Walgreens locations.
I am seeing the same thing in WA/OR. In all honesty, the Rite Aid stores I have been in have looked better than they have in years especially after they started a push to remodel.

Meanwhile, the local Walgreens is starting to fall into disrepair with wear spots on the floors and counters, and a store that is stocked well enough but is poorly staffed, something I have noticed at other Walgreens stores as of late.

arizonaguy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by arizonaguy » January 26th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Super S wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 7:34 am
storewanderer wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 12:31 am

I am seeing the same thing in WA/OR. In all honesty, the Rite Aid stores I have been in have looked better than they have in years especially after they started a push to remodel.

Meanwhile, the local Walgreens is starting to fall into disrepair with wear spots on the floors and counters, and a store that is stocked well enough but is poorly staffed, something I have noticed at other Walgreens stores as of late.
I've noticed the same thing about a number of Walgreens stores in my area, including my local store.