Walgreens and FedEx

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Walgreens and FedEx

Post by cjd »

Has anyone tried Walgreens FedEx services? I recently got a package via FedEx and it was rather large so I didn't want it left at home with me not there. I was able to go online and give the tracking number and which Walgreens to hold it at.

Everything went smoothly. Initially I worried the package dimensions were too large, but it all worked fine. I did notice there was a note on the package that the customer had requested a service charge, which I didn't understand.
The clerk asked for my address and tracking number but I wasn't charged any fee for them holding it at the store.
storewanderer

Re: Walgreens and FedEx

Post by storewanderer »

I don't know about Walgreens but I had a situation where I ordered a battery online and wasn't going to be home for a few days. So I went onto the FedEx website and had it re-allocated to the nearby FedEx Office so I could pick it up when I got back.

The website didn't say it, but there are certain package types that FedEx Office cannot hold based on stickers put on the package by the sender. My package had one of those stickers, I learned at FedEx Office. So I had to go to the main FedEx base, about 15 miles away, to pick my package up.

Other times I have had delivery redirected to FedEx Office it has gone as you describe, very smoothly.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Walgreens and FedEx

Post by Brian Lutz »

We have had several FedEx packages directed to the local Walgreens. either in cases when we would not be home when they were to be delivered or in lieu of a missed delivery tag on the door (I was able to talk to the driver through our Ring doorbell and arrange it.) They just keep the packages behind the photo counter and have you sign for them, and you can also handle outgoing deliveries there as well. I do suspect some locations could run into growing pains if they start getting more of these than they have room for, but for the time being that didn't seem to be a problem at the one here.