Rite Aid Conversions or Closings

TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Rite Aid Conversions or Closings

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

NY State Route 30 in Amsterdam-I can't be sure but I'm thinking this one may be on the way out. Was there earlier this afternoon and there was a sign on the door saying the Walgreen's Pharmacy in the store will be closing May 22nd. AND there were 50% off signs on various items throughout the store with the discounts good through May 22nd. as well. This was originally an Eckerd which Rite Aid picked up in the merger several years back and was one of the units Walgreen's bought in spite of the fact Walgreen's has a store maybe a half mile from this particular Rite-Aid. That location is where the prescription files are being transferred to. Did notice there was some bare shelves here and there so I've got to think this one's days are numbered. Add to the fact that Rite-Aid operates a store (which they didn't sell) further down Route 30 within city limits maybe a couple miles from here and it's very possible this location has had it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Absolutely closing if the pharmacy is closing. They are closing an additional 150 stores for a total of 750 of 1,900 stores "bought" slated to be closed.
MSSportsGuy
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by MSSportsGuy »

My former townhouse in Atlanta, Georgia, had 2 Rite Aid stores within relatively close proximity. I've gone twice in a few months. One of them was in the process of converting while I was there and I snagged a bit of merchandise on the cheap. The other store was still all Rite Aid, all the time.

My most recent visit a couple of weeks back showed the store that was untouched in March completely converted to Walgreens. I was surprised it stayed open at all considering there is a Walgreens literally across the street but it's in a busy area of town so maybe both will survive.