Thrifty Ice Cream Packaging

storewanderer

Re: Thrifty Ice Cream Packaging

Post by storewanderer »

The Mexico version seems to be very much going. Nice informative webpages too.

https://www.facebook.com/HeladosThrifty/

http://heladosthrifty.com.mx/
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: July 6th, 2019, 12:00 am
Alpha8472 wrote: July 5th, 2019, 6:31 pm Thrifty Ice Cream is now being sold at select Rite Aid stores in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Eight flavors are being sold.

Of course, you can find Thrifty Ice Cream at gas stations in California. I have seen hand scooped cones offered at a 76 Station. I also saw Thrifty Ice Cream at the Cardenas Markets chain.
Same for gas stations in Las Vegas and in Arizona. I've also seen Thrifty Ice Cream at Seafood City and Smart & Final. It seems to be gone from both of those at this time.

https://www.riteaid.com/thrifty

I am surprised the Black Cherry did not make the cut. I guess the 8 flavors they are distributing are the most popular ones. I can see that. The chocolate malted is a pretty good unique flavor.

What is funny about their store locator is that the private Rite Aid in Gardnerville, NV is not showing as a location that sells Thrifty Ice Cream. Yet they sell it and have been selling it since about 1997 when Payless installed a few freezer cases near the former photo area. I call it the private Rite Aid because it rarely has more than a couple customers and is always perfectly stocked. But it has gotten 2 major remodels by Rite Aid so it must do okay.
The Gardnerville store is the only Rite Aid in the state of Nevada after they closed off the Reno / Sparks / Carson / Fallon stores. I remember getting Thrifty ice cream at the old Carson City store by Meek’s Lumber. South Lake Tahoe, Quincy and Susanville have a scoop counter - Truckee and Kings Beach sell the pre-pack.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: July 11th, 2019, 10:20 pm
storewanderer wrote: July 6th, 2019, 12:00 am
Alpha8472 wrote: July 5th, 2019, 6:31 pm Thrifty Ice Cream is now being sold at select Rite Aid stores in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Eight flavors are being sold.

Of course, you can find Thrifty Ice Cream at gas stations in California. I have seen hand scooped cones offered at a 76 Station. I also saw Thrifty Ice Cream at the Cardenas Markets chain.
Same for gas stations in Las Vegas and in Arizona. I've also seen Thrifty Ice Cream at Seafood City and Smart & Final. It seems to be gone from both of those at this time.

https://www.riteaid.com/thrifty

I am surprised the Black Cherry did not make the cut. I guess the 8 flavors they are distributing are the most popular ones. I can see that. The chocolate malted is a pretty good unique flavor.

What is funny about their store locator is that the private Rite Aid in Gardnerville, NV is not showing as a location that sells Thrifty Ice Cream. Yet they sell it and have been selling it since about 1997 when Payless installed a few freezer cases near the former photo area. I call it the private Rite Aid because it rarely has more than a couple customers and is always perfectly stocked. But it has gotten 2 major remodels by Rite Aid so it must do okay.
The Gardnerville store is the only Rite Aid in the state of Nevada after they closed off the Reno / Sparks / Carson / Fallon stores. I remember getting Thrifty ice cream at the old Carson City store by Meek’s Lumber. South Lake Tahoe, Quincy and Susanville have a scoop counter - Truckee and Kings Beach sell the pre-pack.
Wellness remodel added a scoop counter to Truckee too. The scoop counters in Truckee and South Lake Tahoe do not seem to be doing very well, considering that both stores do very well. I think placement next to the doors would have helped vs at the far end of the checkouts opposite the doors. Both counters usually look unmaintaned and South Tahoe often has a closed sign on its counter even in daytime hours.

Rite Aid, from the beginning, has been very committed to the Thrifty Ice Cream program. About the only thing they ever bought that they did not screw up. I always wondered why the Thrifty Ice Cream made it but the ice creams from other chains they bought didn't.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

Interesting tweet. Of course, no Thrifty scoop shops up here as far as I know. I had seen the tub ice cream at the Tanasbourne (Hillsboro) location.
https://twitter.com/riteaid/status/1152 ... 90562?s=20