CVS Closing 22 Stores

Alpha8472

CVS Closing 22 Stores

Post by Alpha8472 »

The company will close 22 underperforming stores in the first quarter of 2020. I suspect that many high theft locations will be on this list.
storewanderer

Re: CVS Closing 22 Stores

Post by storewanderer »

CVS seems to have a very short list of closing stores each year. Compared to Walgreens who is closing hundreds of stores (but if you take out former Rite Aids, I'm not sure how many they are closing)...

I drove past a nice looking CVS building NW of Minneapolis the other day (may have still been in Minneapolis). The building was easily less than 10 years old. It was freestanding and had windows on all 3 sides which I have not seen before, very nice looking. It was also good sized (larger than the usual CVS). It was closed and out of business. The neighborhood did not look to be the best. It is unusual for me to see a closed freestanding CVS building.

Comparatively I seem to come across a number of closed freestanding Walgreens as I travel. I know of a couple around Sacramento (one marginal neighborhood, one okay neighborhood). I caught a couple up around Boise/Eagle (great neighborhoods). I caught one last week in St. Paul, MN. The St. Paul one and one in Boise were Dollar Trees now. That seems to be a good conversion.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I wonder if any of these are close to Target locations with CVS Pharmacy departments.
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Knight »

storewanderer wrote: November 12th, 2019, 10:51 pm CVS seems to have a very short list of closing stores each year. Compared to Walgreens who is closing hundreds of stores (but if you take out former Rite Aids, I'm not sure how many they are closing)...

I drove past a nice looking CVS building NW of Minneapolis the other day (may have still been in Minneapolis). The building was easily less than 10 years old. It was freestanding and had windows on all 3 sides which I have not seen before, very nice looking. It was also good sized (larger than the usual CVS). It was closed and out of business. The neighborhood did not look to be the best. It is unusual for me to see a closed freestanding CVS building.

Comparatively I seem to come across a number of closed freestanding Walgreens as I travel. I know of a couple around Sacramento (one marginal neighborhood, one okay neighborhood). I caught a couple up around Boise/Eagle (great neighborhoods). I caught one last week in St. Paul, MN. The St. Paul one and one in Boise were Dollar Trees now. That seems to be a good conversion.
Walgreen's is closing stores indeed. Some stores are being replaced by pharmacy-only locations.

I have seen two former freestanding CVS store locations.