Rite Aid changes logo

storewanderer

Re: Rite Aid changes logo

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: March 17th, 2020, 12:06 pm Not sure a new logo is the proper thing for them at this time. However, there are several versions of signage currently in use and it does make some sense to use a consistent logo.
I think the shield logo is pretty consistent. Many stores got new signage with the Wellness remodel (not all did) with that shield logo. The shield logo is also on the private label items, uniforms, in-store signage, loyalty card, etc.

I doubt Albertsons would have changed the logo.
Super S

Post by Super S »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: March 17th, 2020, 9:06 pm
The majority of Rite Aid stores in my area are ex-Thrifty and PayLess stores with red logos. There are only a few stores with the standard Rite Aid logo (those stores are late 90's/2000's builds).
The majority in my area are like this also. There are a couple I have seen which have that same logo but in white letters. I am not sure if Rite Aid ever used this logo in their advertising, it seems like the only place I have seen it is on their building signage. These are the ones they should focus on updating.

As for the current logo, the "shield" has been consistent. However, I have seen the uppercase letters of more recent stores in white, blue, and red.

A handful of locations have received updated signage as they have been remodeled, but many have not been updated even with some of the more extensive remodels.

Rite Aid neglected some of the ex-Thrifty/PayLess stores for many years, and some have only recently undergone their first remodels since being acquired by Rite Aid. It makes some sense to install updated signage to indicate changes and bring back customers.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

Awful looking logo. The shield part is okay The green 'leaves' are kind of odd though, unless Rite Aid plans on selling a new product line ;). The font choice and lettering are awful and don't really integrate with the logo. Rite Aid should have just switched the red out in the current logo for green and go all lowercase letters like everyone else is doing.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Rite Aid's stores are in awful shape with limited inventory during this virus. They have limited cleaning supplies, no paper products, and various other categories full of out of stocks. CVS is stocked so much better... Their website has been practically shut down, they have removed like 1/2 of product categories from it. No hand soap, body wash, or laundry detergent but you can still order some Wild Harvest grocery items or an oddly abbreviated selection of candy. I have no clue what they are doing but I hope they get a handle on the situation soon. They surely made a ton of money from the sales increases in March. Now they can give it all back with sales losses in April.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: April 19th, 2020, 8:21 pm Rite Aid's stores are in awful shape with limited inventory during this virus. They have limited cleaning supplies, no paper products, and various other categories full of out of stocks. CVS is stocked so much better... Their website has been practically shut down, they have removed like 1/2 of product categories from it. No hand soap, body wash, or laundry detergent but you can still order some Wild Harvest grocery items or an oddly abbreviated selection of candy. I have no clue what they are doing but I hope they get a handle on the situation soon. They surely made a ton of money from the sales increases in March. Now they can give it all back with sales losses in April.
That may vary by area as well - I didn't go into Rite Aid yesterday, but the CVS I did go to was fairly similar to what you describe at Rite Aid in those categories.

Perhaps it has to do with the stores/locations (after all, there are more CVS and now Walgreens here with their buyout of many Rite Aid locations, where they bought little, if any of the CA Rite Aids).
klkla

Post by klkla »

I was in a RiteAid here in L.A. yesterday and it was very poorly stocked. I left without buying anything.
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Knight »

Rite Aid changing its logo is the least of its problems. First, the new logo looks worse than the current logo. Why waste time and money changing it? Second, Rite Aid needs to decide if it is in growth mode by adding store locations, or selling out to a competing drugstore considering it has fewer stores in operation.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Notice there has been no roll out of this new logo beyond the press release... I am guessing they realized this is not the time... unless they plan to only use the new logo on remodeled stores.

They just re-did their website and app but it is featuring the old logo.
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: April 20th, 2020, 7:01 pm Notice there has been no roll out of this new logo beyond the press release... I am guessing they realized this is not the time... unless they plan to only use the new logo on remodeled stores.

They just re-did their website and app but it is featuring the old logo.
This could end up flopping like the lower case Arby's logo did.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Noticing some other changes at Rite Aid lately in larger former Payless Stores:

1. Self checkout is being added; they have little tiny units that I have also seen at Wal Mart which are one screen and a scanner/printer right below the screen, very compact, no scale to weigh items as scanned... They basically take this unit (screen/scanner/printer only) and put on top of the existing counter and swivel in the direction of the customer to use (they also move the bag rack so it is on the customer side). Probably the cheapest implementation of self checkout I've ever seen. But I suppose it works. Same NCR software as Wal Mart, etc. use.

2. Sporting Goods/Camping category: discontinued and 75% off- I'm sure this didn't sell well...

3. Electronics category (was mostly chargers and alarm clocks and such): discontinued and 75% off

Oddly they still have a limited home and toys category (towels and such) and the shoe category.

In stock condition in Rite Aid is alarmingly bad. I am concerned.