Bi-Mart statement on COVID-19, ad suspension

SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Bi-Mart statement on COVID-19, ad suspension

Post by SamSpade »

For the moment we've suspended our product advertising because we can't be certain that advertised items will be in-stock and available to sell due to the COVID-19 situation. We are working with vendors to re-order and re-stock merchandise as quickly as possible. We hope to start advertising products again later in April.

We also want you to know, we approach our pricing the same, regardless of the season or situation. We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and being there for customers every day. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented situation.

Stores remain open normal hours, Mo-Fr 9a to 8p, Sat-Sun 9a to 6p. I suspect with people trying to "stay close to home" Bi-Mart may actually be receiving an uptick in non-pharmacy business.
storewanderer

Re: Bi-Mart statement on COVID-19, ad suspension

Post by storewanderer »

I think we will see more chains stop ads soon. I have been surprised as many food and drug chains still run ads, as are running ads. I especially laugh at the drugstore ads that prominently feature paper products.

This may turn into a test to see how much traffic is lost from stopping the print ads. The print ads may not come back. The industry has wanted to ditch print ads for decades but has never been able to do it despite heavily developments in digital marketing, loyalty cards, etc. This virus is really turning everything upside down.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I haven't seen a Bi-Mart coupon book in the mail in several months. However, they are still running TV ads.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Super S wrote: July 5th, 2020, 6:26 am I haven't seen a Bi-Mart coupon book in the mail in several months. However, they are still running TV ads.
I belong to BJ's Wholesale (would be a Costco member if they had a local location but that's another story) and while they are still sending out ads they have stopped accepting coupons from those ads. They still list "coupons" in those ads but now they've gone 100% digital where you load those coupons onto your membership card.