Rite Aid Logo Change

storewanderer

Re: Rite Aid Logo Change

Post by storewanderer »

The logo is kind of growing on me. I think the darker blue for the name helped.

I always kind of liked the shield though- it seemed unique. The first time I saw the shield though, I thought it looked pretty weird. But it is definitely a logo.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Mailer with coupons from Rite Aid came- logo has the Rite in blue and the Aid in green.

It looks like changing Aid to blue may have been a more recent decision after their first logo roll out.

That may explain the delay in roll out.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I saw a couple Rite Aid Stores around Sacramento area today with the new logo on the exterior: One at Elkhorn/Watt in North Highlands and another at Walerga/Antelope in Citrus Heights.

This new logo- it really doesn't jump out at you. I sat at the stoplight at Walerga/Antelope and noticed the building beside me, the sign was right in front of me, but I didn't even process what it was until I was sitting there waiting for the stoplight for a minute or two. Then I looked at the building and saw the diamond windows (late 90's Rite Aid) then realized it was still Rite Aid and for whatever reason my eyes completely bypassed the new logo signage. While the logo and the blue "Rite" seem to be noticeable, when combined with the green "Aid" which is very easy to miss, the whole thing becomes a miss.

The one in Elkhorn/Watt in a shopping center- I saw that signage at the roadside with the blue and green logo from a decent distance and it looked okay, then at that one, on the exterior of the building (which is a dark brown color), the Rite Aid part was in white letters... not blue and green.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Some shopping centers specify that only certain colors can be used on store signs. There are some shopping centers where the letters are all required to be one color such as white or blue. There was a Kmart with a blue logo because of this.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

storewanderer wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:34 pm
then at that one, on the exterior of the building (which is a dark brown color), the Rite Aid part was in white letters... not blue and green.
I've noticed this on several updated locations, at least their newer-constructed buildings that have darker colors...white signage on the building itself.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

mbz321 wrote: December 30th, 2020, 6:46 am
storewanderer wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:34 pm
then at that one, on the exterior of the building (which is a dark brown color), the Rite Aid part was in white letters... not blue and green.
I've noticed this on several updated locations, at least their newer-constructed buildings that have darker colors...white signage on the building itself.
I believe they did the same with the older logo when they took over the Eckerd locations (as many of those had a dark blue area where the name went). Of course here most of those disappeared even before they changed the logo, so it's hard to see one anyway...
Super S

Post by Super S »

Alpha8472 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 4:29 pm Some shopping centers specify that only certain colors can be used on store signs. There are some shopping centers where the letters are all required to be one color such as white or blue. There was a Kmart with a blue logo because of this.
There was also a Big Kmart sign on a storefront where the whole logo was white except for the red K. I think this had more to do with local sign ordinances though.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Rite Aid is moving quickly to update signage. I have seen many locations with updated signage now, and just tonight noticed that all of the signs have been removed from the Longview, WA store, which is interesting because it was just last year that they remodeled and updated the signage to an LED version of the previous logo.

A side note is that there is a Michaels and a Petco across the parking lot which still use their previous logos.

If nothing else, the stores will have a more consistent image and it won't be as easy to spot some of the older stores which, in some cases, still had the 1997-98 vintage signs installed when they took over PayLess Drug.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: January 14th, 2021, 9:53 pm Rite Aid is moving quickly to update signage. I have seen many locations with updated signage now, and just tonight noticed that all of the signs have been removed from the Longview, WA store, which is interesting because it was just last year that they remodeled and updated the signage to an LED version of the previous logo.

A side note is that there is a Michaels and a Petco across the parking lot which still use their previous logos.

If nothing else, the stores will have a more consistent image and it won't be as easy to spot some of the older stores which, in some cases, still had the 1997-98 vintage signs installed when they took over PayLess Drug.
The one thing that I haven't seen yet, is any private label merchandise with the new logo.

That and some assorted in-store signage is the only thing left with the old logo.

The new logo is on the uniforms, name badges, bags, ads, exterior signage.

Fairly quick implementation given as of summer that new logo was basically not presented at all.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

There aren't a lot of Rite Aid stores in this area, but it looks like a lot of the ones that are here have either updated signs or appear to be in the process of doing so. One store I haven't seen update signs yet is the one in Lake Stevens. It wouldn't surprise me if this store ended up closing at some point, since it's just a couple of blocks from a relatively new (less than 2 years old) Bartell Drugs store.