Walgreens' logo redesigned

BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Walgreens' logo redesigned

Post by BatteryMill »

What I can say... I'm not a fan of this one too much. The bolding of it really gives off that social media age-kitsch. Though it is a nice update, it was just not needed (except for the designers themselves).

Still better than target's lowercase though...
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

I think this is more of a logo cleanup than anything else. Plenty of companies do this quietly. No signage will be changed because of this.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: December 18th, 2020, 12:11 am...
I wonder if they will change the signage...
I doubt it. Several Phoenix stores still have the pre-2005 logo on their signs.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

A lot of companies are “tweaking” their logo ... 7-11 has opened a new concept in DFW that has an updated logo...the word “eleven” is in lowercase lettering on a white keystone on the storefront with thinner red/orange/green striping.( the current 7-11 logo is over 50 years old so it is time for an upgrade)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

jamcool wrote: December 19th, 2020, 10:39 am A lot of companies are “tweaking” their logo ... 7-11 has opened a new concept in DFW that has an updated logo...the word “eleven” is in lowercase lettering on a white keystone on the storefront with thinner red/orange/green striping.( the current 7-11 logo is over 50 years old so it is time for an upgrade)
7-11 stores are in such poor condition, they need to focus on improving the stores in conjunction with whatever logo change they are doing.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

"New" logo is appearing in their TV advertising-noticed it for the first time earlier today. It actually reminds me of being back in elementary school and the teacher correcting a writing assignment by closing the tail on the "g" and connecting it to the "r". The whole exercise on Walgreen's part is pretty much a nothing burger but not without some expense to do so. I wonder if they will change the logo on the packaging of their private label products? I would guess yes since that seems like an easier and less costly route to take than changing signage. Just change it on new product going forward is all they'd really have to do there. I don't know what it is with companies that are struggling that makes them think that a logo change will help turn things around. Rite-Aid is just as guilty of this as well with the recent update of their logo-which really didn't need updating and unlike Walgreen's where they probably won't change signage-wise (nor should they), all they did was just make a lot of sign companies rich.
Last edited by TW-Upstate NY on December 24th, 2020, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I'd like to see a customer survey for how many customers who have looked at their website or other advertisements where they have displayed this new logo, even notice/are aware there is a new logo.

I think the marketing department would be disappointed in the results. Perhaps the accounting department could use such a study as leverage for cost cutting to deem the marketing department as wasting time and money and not changing customer perception at all with this "logo change" exercise.
klkla

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 1:42 pm I'd like to see a customer survey for how many customers who have looked at their website or other advertisements where they have displayed this new logo, even notice/are aware there is a new logo.

I think the marketing department would be disappointed in the results. Perhaps the accounting department could use such a study as leverage for cost cutting to deem the marketing department as wasting time and money and not changing customer perception at all with this "logo change" exercise.
I agree. If I hadn’t read this thread I would not have known they changed their logo at all.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

klkla wrote: December 24th, 2020, 12:46 am
storewanderer wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 1:42 pm I'd like to see a customer survey for how many customers who have looked at their website or other advertisements where they have displayed this new logo, even notice/are aware there is a new logo.

I agree. If I hadn’t read this thread I would not have known they changed their logo at all.
You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. I saw a Walgreens ad the other night where the logo at the end was animated and drawn out. That's probably why they connected the letters. Likely took a few minutes for their in-house creative to do it. No signs will be changed. If they were doing this to create a splash, you would have seen a much different logo, like Rite Aid just did.